Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hiace or T4 for me?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jago25_98

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Hiace or T4 for me? Empty
PostSubject: Hiace or T4 for me?   Hiace or T4 for me? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:57 pm

Should I get a Hiace Super Custom like this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280128235223&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

Or a VW T4 like this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130126301265&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

What I am after is something that can be used like a car, yet can be used to transport gear and sleep in comfortably as well.

My concern is that with the T4 I am paying for a badge, basicness and possible unreliability compared to Toyota.
My concern with the Hiace is the unknown, fuel economy, and finding a good conversion. Is the high top too high for car parks? Would a low roof LWB be better?
Back to top Go down
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

Number of posts : 200
Home City : Taunton, Somerset UK
Registration date : 2007-02-06

Hiace or T4 for me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiace or T4 for me?   Hiace or T4 for me? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 12:25 am

Been there and to be honest I have no regrets going down the Toyota route for many reasons.
Mainly that you are paying for a badge in as much as the reliability is the same if not better on the Toyota.
You get alot more toys as standard on the Toyota (AC, electric windows etc etc).

The LWB is like a tardis inside and makes a superb camper conversion, me and my partner have plenty of room and with a 3way fridge, hob/grill and other bits we are very happy over the last van we had which was a T4.
I use the van to work and back every day and it's a dream to drive....no question, my partner whom is a nervous driver enjoys driving the van as it is so easy, plenty of grunt from the 2.8 (not the crap 2.4's on the T4) and the Auto box shifts fine.
Ask anyone here.....youwill have no regrets Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Hiace or T4 for me?
Page 1 of 1