Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CHECK YOUR REAR WHEEL STUDS!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richierich666

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Bridgwater
Registration date : 2011-02-13

CHECK YOUR REAR WHEEL STUDS! Empty
PostSubject: CHECK YOUR REAR WHEEL STUDS!   CHECK YOUR REAR WHEEL STUDS! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Driving down the motorway at about 50, 1990 HiAce started to Vibrate. Pulled over though it was a flat tyre. I then saw a trail of sheered off wheel nuts going back up the motorway! ALL 5 had snapped off. I was lucky I stopped quickly. I would suggest the £28.00 for a set of 5 from Toyota to avoid the damage caused to my Hueemonster. Was told this can happen due to overtighting by tyre garages.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: CHECK YOUR REAR WHEEL STUDS!   CHECK YOUR REAR WHEEL STUDS! Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:46 am

Glad all was well for you. 1st thing you do in a truck is to run round and check the little buggers but very rarely in a car...
Back to top Go down
miniwini

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Cambridge
Model and year : Toyota Hiace 1994 2.7 Diesel automatic Reimo Campervan
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: CHECK YOUR REAR WHEEL STUDS!   CHECK YOUR REAR WHEEL STUDS! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi there,
I just bought a Hiace campervan. Im looking fior a workshop manual or drivers handbook, in fact any good technical information. What torque ( in Lbs/Ft) should the wheelnuts be done up to? I will do mine up to that with a torque wrench.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHECK YOUR REAR WHEEL STUDS!   CHECK YOUR REAR WHEEL STUDS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHECK YOUR REAR WHEEL STUDS!
Page 1 of 1