Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

removing the front dash

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

removing the front dash Empty
PostSubject: removing the front dash   removing the front dash Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:16 am

Ok OK, I know I have asked a million times but....

I want to put this dame expander in the radio & just had a try at removing the front dash to get to it all. there are 2 visible screws located where described once before above the speedo & all that. Removed those & gently went around the edges popping out the cover as I went. I am getting resistance above the middle air con vents, closest to the steering wheel & next to the hazard light button. It feels like there is a screw holding it. But I can not see anything. But I can't force it either. Its held tight.

Also, do I need to take off the bit under the steering wheel? I am seeing a bit of hesitance near the ignition also .

Im up for the challenge (being 38 weeks pregnant & in tropic nth QLD LOL) of getting this done!
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 84
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: removing the front dash   removing the front dash Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:54 am

Hi Fiona,

From memory I followed instructions in the link below for mine and got it out ok. I wish I had taken photo's at the time.

http://www.toyotafans.net/desperate-for-help-how-to-remove-dash-t19618.htm

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
CHAMRA1
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 39
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 98 Supercustom G
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: removing the front dash   removing the front dash Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:05 am

Theres a screw in the middle of the air vent , Tilt the vent down and you'll see it .
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: removing the front dash   removing the front dash Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:06 am

thanks, will have alook again tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: removing the front dash   removing the front dash Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi Fiona, yes you have to take the bottom cover off under the steering wheel, from memory there are two screws under the release lever for the petrol cap and i think another screw on the other side. Once thats off it exposes another few screws to undo then all you have to do is gently pull and wriggle to release the tags that holds the dash face in. I found moving the steering wheel adjustment all the way down was enough to wriggle it all the way out. Oh and you will need to disconnect all the plugs on switches so's you can remove it fully.
It's not much fun and very fiddly job! Good luck! Wink
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: removing the front dash   removing the front dash Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:52 pm

I am so good I am so good! just did it & I think it worked LOL.
I even took photos seems there are little visual aids on the net.
BUT my only stumbling point was what red wire to connect the expender too LOL so I just took a punt plugged it in to the one that had BATT on it & Bob's your uncle it worked!

I also removed the stupid little red flashy light thing that I had no idea what it was for. I think its a "fake" alarm. It only connected to itself. A battery box stuck on teh dash & a wire running up to a little thing with red lights that flash near the windscreen.

Now to go for a drive & see what stations I can tune in other then Allan Jones!
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: removing the front dash   removing the front dash Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:38 am

look who's the mechanic in the family (way) "lol" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: removing the front dash   removing the front dash Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Very impressive! You must be a natural. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: removing the front dash   removing the front dash Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:24 pm

ruffnut wrote:
look who's the mechanic in the family (way) "lol" Very Happy
PMSL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: removing the front dash   removing the front dash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

removing the front dash
Page 1 of 1