Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

anchor point s& crab bar

Go down 
+2
ruffnut
Fiona
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

anchor point s& crab bar Empty
PostSubject: anchor point s& crab bar   anchor point s& crab bar Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:57 am

OK, so I have since discovered I will probably need something like a crab bar put into the hiace to accomadate teh extra anchor points I need put in. Has anyone done this? The guy at the fitting station was 100% sure he would be able to put it in?
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: anchor point s& crab bar   anchor point s& crab bar Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:05 pm

have you checked behind the middle row of seats as mine had the anchor points fitted std (on the right hand side could be covered by two plastic covers) just a thought i had
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: anchor point s& crab bar   anchor point s& crab bar Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:24 pm

In Qld they had to put the extra points in the back for rego I've got 2 hanging off the roof just in front of tailgate
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: anchor point s& crab bar   anchor point s& crab bar Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:01 pm

there is 2 in the middle row then a third on the floor with a weight bearing thing on the rof for the rear row, but have been told i need crab bar for an extra 2 in the rear row. I need at least 4 anchor points.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: anchor point s& crab bar   anchor point s& crab bar Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Engineer told me that the rear row would have only been tested for the one anhor point so the only way to get around paying 2k to test the seat further is a crab bar.
Back to top Go down
Peter-campervan

Number of posts : 1
Home City : sydney
Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: anchor point s& crab bar   anchor point s& crab bar Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:32 am

Hi.
Im looking to put two baby seats/capsules into my Hiace camper.
Has anyone done this?.
What exactly does a crab bar look like?.
Anyone in Sydney who does custom fittings of anchor points into camper?.

Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: anchor point s& crab bar   anchor point s& crab bar Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:16 am

Let me know if your not on FB & I will figure out how to post it here. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=486026744848&set=a.486026364848.256567.609559848&theater The white bar is the crab bar.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: anchor point s& crab bar   anchor point s& crab bar Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:23 pm

I was wondering myself what the hell it was. Good piccie.
Back to top Go down
icecreamguru

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Australia
Registration date : 2010-10-08

PostSubject: Re: anchor point s& crab bar   anchor point s& crab bar Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 1:02 pm

The pic is not showing anymore... Someone has asked if it is possible to have 3 anchor points for child seats - they're looking for a van to buy and saw mine, apparently it is not easy to find a good van with 3 points so to improve my selling point I said you can - now I have to show it. I know there are 2 points as I used them - behind the back row of seats. But how hard is it to drill in another anchor point? Or weld on an anchor point..??
Back to top Go down
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Number of posts : 89
Home City : Gold Coast Qld
Model and year : super custom 3ltr turbo diesel 1995
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: anchor point s& crab bar   anchor point s& crab bar Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:02 pm

I have a 1995 SC and in the rear there are 3 straps coming from the roof behind the rear seats and 3 anchor points on the floor ..As we don't have any kids where we have needed to use them , I found them great as load tie down points ..
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: anchor point s& crab bar   anchor point s& crab bar Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 11:38 am

icecreamguru wrote:
The pic is not showing anymore... Someone has asked if it is possible to have 3 anchor points for child seats - they're looking for a van to buy and saw mine, apparently it is not easy to find a good van with 3 points so to improve my selling point I said you can - now I have to show it. I know there are 2 points as I used them - behind the back row of seats. But how hard is it to drill in another anchor point? Or weld on an anchor point..??

Hi, I had the crab bar put in, It cost around $600 to have done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anchor point s& crab bar   anchor point s& crab bar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anchor point s& crab bar
Page 1 of 1