Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I would like to fit 3 point rear seat belts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mjphiace
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 43
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 4WD LWB 2.8 Auto High Top Camper 1994
LH129V-ERPDS
Registration date : 2010-04-07

I would like to fit 3 point rear seat belts Empty
PostSubject: I would like to fit 3 point rear seat belts   I would like to fit 3 point rear seat belts Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Hello all.

I have a long wheel base camper (see Fasteddies pictures). It has a middle row of seats which slide forward and back and 'rock and roll' to be either forward or rearward facing. This row of seats also folds flat to form part of the bed. There is also a third row of seats mad up of the cushions; which again all fit together to make the bed. The van came fitted with lap belts in the rear (5 in total). At last MOT I had to take out the third row seat belts as they were only secured into the wood cabinets. The middle two lap belts are acceptable as they are secured to the frame of the seat which is in turn secured to the chassis of the vehicle.

Ideally I would like 3 point belts in the back and have made a few inquiries. The only suggestion that has been made is that there may be a fixing point on the rear pillar but we cannot tell without taking off or making a hole in the trim. A raised something can be felt in about the right place under the trim.

Any pictures you have of your rear seats and seat belt arrangements on a similar vintage van (1995), or any contacts you have for someone who may have more information would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Adam
Not so new now
Not so new now
Adam

Number of posts : 20
Home City : London
Model and year : 1994 2.8 LWB Mid-top Camper
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: I would like to fit 3 point rear seat belts   I would like to fit 3 point rear seat belts Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:16 am

Hi there mjphiace

Did you ever manage to get a 3 poing belt installed? I have the same problem and wondered if yuo found a solution?

Cheers
Adam
Back to top Go down
mjphiace
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 43
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 4WD LWB 2.8 Auto High Top Camper 1994
LH129V-ERPDS
Registration date : 2010-04-07

PostSubject: Re: I would like to fit 3 point rear seat belts   I would like to fit 3 point rear seat belts Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Nope. Just never bothered.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Not so new now
Not so new now
Adam

Number of posts : 20
Home City : London
Model and year : 1994 2.8 LWB Mid-top Camper
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: I would like to fit 3 point rear seat belts   I would like to fit 3 point rear seat belts Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:00 am

Just to let you know, I found these guys www.seatbeltservice.co.uk . They are great! Came to my house and fitted a 3 point belt in the back behind the drivers seat, works like a charm! Got the baby safely in the back and we can keep on Vanning, Winner!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I would like to fit 3 point rear seat belts   I would like to fit 3 point rear seat belts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I would like to fit 3 point rear seat belts
Page 1 of 1