Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear seat parts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
phrollins
Not so new now
Not so new now
phrollins

Number of posts : 89
Home City : Darwin Aus
Model and year : 1996
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:07 am

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone out there has or can obtain the parts that are pictured below. Your help would be much appreciated.

Rear seat parts Sc110
https://servimg.com/view/12931018/1
Back to top Go down
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Number of posts : 150
Home City : SYDNEY
Model and year : 99 LIMITED 2000 UPDATE
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 12:24 pm

Heard they are hard to get, importers want them coz they break, took my seats out but keeping all the parts incase i want to use them some day. If you have the seats, why don't you try to mount them permanently with out the sliding rails.
Back to top Go down
phrollins
Not so new now
Not so new now
phrollins

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 12:33 pm

It's a thought, but hopefully I've scored a set from NZ.
Back to top Go down
imaginz

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:24 am

Hopefully you have found what you want,but if not, try http://www.partsfind.co.nz/ (they are just down the road from me and always seem to have a few supercustoms breaking)

Incidently, I am about to convert my SC to a sleeper...excuse my ignorance but was wondering about removal of the rear seat as shown above?...does it come out front (after removal of the wee metal spacer in the left track, or to the rear? The plastic track ends on mine won't screw off easily) screws just spin, so i am hoping i don't have to drill those out?
Back to top Go down
phrollins
Not so new now
Not so new now
phrollins

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:00 am

Cheers for that, I'll try them if mine fail to arrive. As for taking them out I don't know, I have the rear seat but no tracks. Let me know how you go cause I'll need to do the reverse. Good luck
Back to top Go down
imaginz

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:37 am

Touchwood! Have always found vendors on trademe to be reliable so you should be sweet....
Back to top Go down
phrollins
Not so new now
Not so new now
phrollins

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 3:57 am

Cheers. Just a bit of a pain when the items are $50 - $100 and delivery is $200. Thems the breaks I guess. It's a shame there's none beening wrecked in Aust.
Back to top Go down
imaginz

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:38 pm

Jeepers I feel for ya...Must be the length as I just looked up frieght for a kg parcel at 1.05m x 300mm x 150mm at 5kg on International Economy Courier 2-6 working days -NZ$53.75
Back to top Go down
phrollins
Not so new now
Not so new now
phrollins

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:47 am

Yeah it's 140cm and 14kg NZ post won't touch anything over 1.05m
Back to top Go down
phrollins
Not so new now
Not so new now
phrollins

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 4:27 am

Imaginz, found this in a previous post:

Just did this and it's not that hard.

Remove the plastic cover (phillips screws).
Remove bolts (front and back).
Undo sliding latch cable (slides out at 90 degrees from verticle)
Seat lifts out easily.

This removes seat. To remove the channel that the seats slid on you have to
1. remove plastic caps on either end (they have phillps screw heads but you must pry them off from underneath as it's not actually a screw)
2. pull the plastic T strips that run the length by pulling them up
3. undo the bolts that fasten the track to the body. One at either end in the channel then 7 (?) more along the sides on the track.

Totoal job took about an hour. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
imaginz

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:22 am

Thanks for the instructions....Much appreciated!!!

(ps Hope your bits arrived...esp at that cost!)
Back to top Go down
phrollins
Not so new now
Not so new now
phrollins

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:45 am

Got my parts today. Looking forward to fitting them now lol. Oh and now I paid for and have recieved them, I can let people know they would've cost $1900AUD brand new. Still didn't like paying $300 but hey thems the breaks.

Now I just have to get JPNZ to send me the right manual. Recieved it today and it's the Landcruiser 89-97 book.
Back to top Go down
fractalias
Not so new now
Not so new now
fractalias

Number of posts : 20
Home City : Sydney, NSW, Australia
Model and year : 95 SCL 3.0T 4WD
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:33 am

So how'd it go ?

Was your seat just jammed in the rails or had it been fixed permanently?

My rear seat has been permanently fixed, outside of the sliding rails. I'm pretty sure it's not even the original seat, as the slightly different trim would suggest. I've been thinking of refitting to the tracks for the shear convenience of more rear storage when i need it.
Back to top Go down
phrollins
Not so new now
Not so new now
phrollins

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:42 am

The parts weren't there at all and the seats where just loose in the back. I could've fitted the permantaly but as you said its better to have the storage space. Now thats its all fitted I'm much happier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear seat parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat parts   Rear seat parts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear seat parts
Page 1 of 1