Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tightening rear door window wiper....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MNC
Been here a while
Been here a while
MNC

Number of posts : 120
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : 1997 SCG 3LDT KZH100G
Registration date : 2009-09-21

Tightening rear door window wiper.... Empty
PostSubject: Tightening rear door window wiper....   Tightening rear door window wiper.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:28 am

Hi team,

anything i need to be aware off while trying to tighten the wiper thats fixed to the rear door? is there a need to get on the inside of the rear door ie: pull off the rear door skin?

Cheers in advance
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Tightening rear door window wiper....   Tightening rear door window wiper.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:07 pm

If the spindle is loose I think the nut on the out side can be tweaked. If you need to get at the motor mounting bolts then yes the interior door card/trim needs to be removed.
Back to top Go down
MNC
Been here a while
Been here a while
MNC

Number of posts : 120
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : 1997 SCG 3LDT KZH100G
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Tightening rear door window wiper....   Tightening rear door window wiper.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:44 am

found out what the problem was. the larger nut that holds the assembly on to the rear door had thread over time making it pretty loose. i couldnt find an exact replacement at the wreckers but i manage a temporary fix by pulling a part off the rear wiper assembly from a toyota estima. the wiper only goes about a half wipe on the back window but will do till i source a hiace part. :-)

heres some pics to explain

Tightening rear door window wiper.... Wiper00
Tightening rear door window wiper.... Wiper02
Tightening rear door window wiper.... Wiper01
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tightening rear door window wiper....   Tightening rear door window wiper.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tightening rear door window wiper....
Page 1 of 1