Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear window wiper arm

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rallinga

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Hobart
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Rear window wiper arm Empty
PostSubject: Rear window wiper arm   Rear window wiper arm Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:46 am

I am new to this forum.

Just bought this van but the rear window wiper arm and blade are missing (badly needed!).

Also missing the hatch door external mirror (less baldy needed).

Furthermore: Internal rear mirror day-night switch latch is broken.

So, has anybody a clue where I can find these items (first and foremost the wiper arm!!!)?

Much obliged!

PB
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Rear window wiper arm   Rear window wiper arm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:33 am

i think the rear wiper off a local hiace fit try a wreckers see if they will let you test fit it before you buy. possible the interior mirror as well
and hi and welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
Rallinga

PostSubject: Re: Rear window wiper arm   Rear window wiper arm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:59 am

Thanks ruffnut,

Have driven various wreckers and Toyota spare parts (and myself) around the bend - doesn't work.

The knurled "axle" of the SC rear wiper is much thicker (11mm diameter / 18 mm length) and has no hole for a fastening bolt. Different system all together.

I am now contemplating buying a "normal" wiper motor plus bits and pieces from a wrecker to see if I can subsistute it.

Not looking forward to this trial and error exercise. There must be a better way. I suspect the importers remove some of these rare beasts and hope for an unsuspecting buyer so they can help out those who insist on having a wiper on the rear gate. That seems to have happened to the van I bought off an owner who had bought it from an importer some months earlier.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: Rear window wiper arm   Rear window wiper arm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:59 am

toyota dealer will get them in for you but at a cost. there was a wrecker here in melb that had a couple there name was b.i.p. they're on the net give them a try also in the links part of the forum i think there is a link to a Sydney wrecker also. if all else fails try trademe.co.nz they have them on there a lot.

cheers dave Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rallinga

PostSubject: Re: Rear window wiper arm   Rear window wiper arm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:32 am

Thanks very much, Dave. Will follow these leads.

Toyota dealers here in Hobart are absolutely un-co-operative. Either you know the part number or get lost. Tried it several times.

Anyway thanks for the hints. Peter
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: Rear window wiper arm   Rear window wiper arm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:20 am

here's the link for the part no for rear wiper arm

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_1997_TOYOTA_HIACE_KZH100G-MRPGT_8502.html

hope his helps
cheers dave
Back to top Go down
Rallinga

PostSubject: Re: Rear window wiper arm   Rear window wiper arm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:42 am

Dave, thanks for that. (How did you do it?). But I'm afraid, this is NOT working for the Super Custom.

As I described (unfortunately I cannot upload a photo of what there is on my van) there is a knurled axle sticking out with neither a thread at the end for a nut nor a hole in the middle of the axle for a possible bolt. There must be some snap mechanism on the wiper arm.

I got that far with the Toyota people before, but that's not it and they don't have a catalog for import models (and seem quite happy to rub it in).

I emailed bip in Melbourne and we will see what they have to say on Monday I hope.

Will keep you posted if you are interested.

Peter
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: Rear window wiper arm   Rear window wiper arm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:09 pm

yes please keep me updated the link to the site is

http://www.toyodiy.com

from there enter parts catalog then select your vehicle and bob's your uncle
cheers dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear window wiper arm   Rear window wiper arm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear window wiper arm
Page 1 of 1