Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which is the Better 2.2 petrol or 3.0 Diesel??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

Number of posts : 189
Home City : Springside ~~~ QLD.~~AUSTRALIA
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM HIACE 2000 AWD
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Which is the Better 2.2 petrol or 3.0 Diesel?? Empty
PostSubject: Which is the Better 2.2 petrol or 3.0 Diesel??   Which is the Better 2.2 petrol or 3.0 Diesel?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:59 am

Hello again i would like to thank you for your help all the Diesels i have been in are slow and i didn't want to go buy a 3.0 L and find it has no go and the kids on there bike's just fly past Rolling Eyes the one i am looking at is a 2000 4x4 and is across the other side of Australia so if i do buy it well i have only seen photo's Embarassed My old commuter has served very well but it is time for a better van we take loads of photo's so the van is always on the back roads out with the roo's! What a Face I live around Toowoomba and as yet haven't seen a Super Custom Hiace so i could go ask and see how it goes and all that, if i do take this one it will have to be trucked across Australia to me !
Anyhow thanks again good to read all the mail!! lol! One of the blokes at work has a hilux 4x4 with 3.0l but no turbo and it is no racer???? cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Which is the Better 2.2 petrol or 3.0 Diesel??   Which is the Better 2.2 petrol or 3.0 Diesel?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:06 am

You wont be disappointed timan! The 1kzte 3lt turbo has lots of torque and is great for hauling heavy loads, max torque is around 333Nm a little over 2000 rev's and with the 4wd they get off the mark real well. On the highways they travel pretty good too and good on the hills, however they do lack the top end acceleration to make swift overtaking moves. I think the Hilux 3l non turbo is a different motor anyway and yes they are slow. 1kzte turbo is the way and is just so reliable, its a legend. Laughing
Back to top Go down
want33s
Not so new now
Not so new now
want33s

Number of posts : 76
Home City : Sunshine Coast. Queensland Australia
Model and year : LH107... 1989 4x4
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Which is the Better 2.2 petrol or 3.0 Diesel??   Which is the Better 2.2 petrol or 3.0 Diesel?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:13 pm

1KZTE (3 litre) is also used in Prado's... So maybe test drive one of them to see what you think of it as a powerplant.
I would expect the 3.0 turbo diesel will go better than a 3Y petrol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is the Better 2.2 petrol or 3.0 Diesel??   Which is the Better 2.2 petrol or 3.0 Diesel?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which is the Better 2.2 petrol or 3.0 Diesel??
Page 1 of 1