Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DIESEL OR PETROL

Go down 
+3
bobbond
onlypureluck
TINMAN
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

Number of posts : 189
Home City : Springside ~~~ QLD.~~AUSTRALIA
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM HIACE 2000 AWD
Registration date : 2010-02-14

DIESEL OR PETROL Empty
PostSubject: DIESEL OR PETROL   DIESEL OR PETROL Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:51 am

HELLO TO YOU ALL!
I would like to know please just how the 3.0 L goes with power and fuel? I have never had a Diesel but at work we have a Nissan Turbo Diesel van and when i have to take it out the kids on there bike go pasted like i have stopped lol! I have a 2 L petrol hiace commuter and it goes ok how would the 3.0 L go better or not than the 2 L petrol?? The one i am looking at here in Australia is a 2000 4x4 i see you talking about the seats fold down to a bed which super does that i will have to ask! Well i just don't know what to do should i go with a hiace commuter petrol or a Super Custom affraid
Merv...........
Back to top Go down
onlypureluck

Number of posts : 12
Home City : west mids uk
Model and year : super custom( living saloon), 3.0td, kzh100, 1994,
Registration date : 2007-12-25

DIESEL OR PETROL Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIESEL OR PETROL   DIESEL OR PETROL Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:50 pm

3.0 td will leave 2.0petrol standing. i get approx 20mpg around town 26+ on motorway but remember i have heavy right foot lol.traffic light gp is fun though you can leave most boy racers standing as they don't expect people carriers to move as well as a 3.0 td does
Back to top Go down
bobbond
Not so new now
Not so new now
bobbond

Number of posts : 37
Home City : New Zealand
Model and year : 3L, 1991, Auto, Diesel, 2.8
Registration date : 2009-08-25

DIESEL OR PETROL Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIESEL OR PETROL   DIESEL OR PETROL Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:56 am

ive got a 2L petrol and it ant under powered unless your pakin 6 people going up a steep hill. none the less 3.0L td has heaps more power as i have to boost mine if i want to keep up with those beasts
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

DIESEL OR PETROL Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIESEL OR PETROL   DIESEL OR PETROL Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:05 pm

We have had both and both are good but the SC is a totally different beast. Ride and driveability if thats a word is much better. It is a lot heavier than the Ace, more like the Ace with a full load on, and the mileage is similar. We used to get 30 mpg from the Ace when it was new(2rz petrol ) but loaded it dropped down to around 20, tho we lived on a reasonable sized hill. The SC gets maybe 20 but I wouldn't swap it Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

DIESEL OR PETROL Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIESEL OR PETROL   DIESEL OR PETROL Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:50 pm

3.0l has loads of umph when needed... I get a kick taking the boy racers off of the lights.....
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

DIESEL OR PETROL Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIESEL OR PETROL   DIESEL OR PETROL Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:51 pm

Yeah the 3lt kicks the petrol's ass! I've had both as well and you just cant go past the SC in every way. Very Happy So TINMAN the SC your looking at is the go, i have a 99 4wd SC Limited with the fold down seats into bed that your after, until i took them out for work. The 4wd is full time with out low range Mad and with not much ground clearance unless you jack it up bounce so its really just a soft roader, having said that it amazes me where it will actually go. cheers Good luck with you purchase tinman, hope its a SC DIESEL OR PETROL 183673
Back to top Go down
mxmarty
Not so new now
Not so new now
mxmarty

Number of posts : 50
Home City : perth wa
Model and year : 1995 super custom ltd 2jzgte 3.0 petrol turbo
over 400 rwhp
Registration date : 2009-10-07

DIESEL OR PETROL Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIESEL OR PETROL   DIESEL OR PETROL Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:11 pm

2jzgte will fix all your power problems Smile

20-25 mpg
or 12L per 100kms and 300+ rwhp
Back to top Go down
bobbond
Not so new now
Not so new now
bobbond

Number of posts : 37
Home City : New Zealand
Model and year : 3L, 1991, Auto, Diesel, 2.8
Registration date : 2009-08-25

DIESEL OR PETROL Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIESEL OR PETROL   DIESEL OR PETROL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:59 pm

could Always get a hiace with the lexus V8!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DIESEL OR PETROL Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIESEL OR PETROL   DIESEL OR PETROL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIESEL OR PETROL
Page 1 of 1