Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear seat removal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bergaboy
Bergaboy

Number of posts : 17
Home City : Melbourne Australia
Model and year : 1994 SUPER CUSTOM WITH 3.0LT. TURBO DIESEL
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Rear seat removal Empty
PostSubject: Rear seat removal   Rear seat removal Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:52 pm

Can anybody tell me how to remove the rear seat in my 94 Super custom. It is on tracks but i can't seem to work it out.
Back to top Go down
martinnz
Not so new now
Not so new now
martinnz

Number of posts : 34
Home City : Auckland, New Zealand
Model and year : Hiace Supercustom
2.4 EFI Turbo diesel
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Rear seat removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat removal   Rear seat removal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:03 am

HI There,

I have a 2.4 EFI 1993 SC,

I take the rear seat out a few times when I go camping.

Its a case of carefully removing the plastic covers, side ones clip off ( 4 clips perside), leg covers have a posi screw at the base. Then disconecting the slide release cables - one each side (pull these up, and move through 90 deg to clear the clips), the cable end can be slid off once its at 90 deg.

There are then 4 Hex bolts - one at the end of each leg that must be removed (screws into the ends of the sliding rails) and then the seat is free to come out. Its quite difficult, but I have managed to get it out on my own a few times - its too wide to slide straight out of the tailgate and its very heavy.

I leave the rails in place when the seat is out, and have made up a wooden bed frame to go over the top - level with the middle seats(once the foam matress is laid on it) - which I turn 180 degrees to form the 'headed' of the bed
Back to top Go down
Bergaboy
Bergaboy

Number of posts : 17
Home City : Melbourne Australia
Model and year : 1994 SUPER CUSTOM WITH 3.0LT. TURBO DIESEL
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Rear seat removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat removal   Rear seat removal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:39 am

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. I WILL GIVE IT A GO.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Rear seat removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat removal   Rear seat removal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks for that I need to get a motorbike in the back, I normally push the rear seats right back and the middle through 90 degrees and put the bike in the side door, but with it's full fairing and sickout sports exhaust it is just that bit to big, plus a ramp into the back would save a lot of heaving about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear seat removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear seat removal   Rear seat removal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear seat removal
Page 1 of 1