Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

fault codes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

fault codes Empty
PostSubject: fault codes   fault codes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 4:47 pm

hi all this is my first post. i have had a power loss problem that ive lived with for about a year and a half(due to nobody bieng able to diagnose it).the car is currently away for diagnostics (think i have the right man this time).during this time i have trawled the net for anything about my engines fault codes as it has brought two codes up(if i am right)these were sourced from various hilux sites.am i right in thinking that these codes are the same for our engines(mines a 2.4 2lte)as i cant find em on the site?toyota read the codes told me the numbers then told me they didnt know what they meant i think they go from 1-13.does anybody know?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

fault codes Empty
PostSubject: Re: fault codes   fault codes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 8:16 pm

Sorry m8 havent a clue. If anyone has a source for a good manual please post a link scratch
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

Number of posts : 200
Home City : Taunton, Somerset UK
Registration date : 2007-02-06

fault codes Empty
PostSubject: Re: fault codes   fault codes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Had some time on my hands and found the following site;

www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/codes/

give that a go, might help. Also has a contact to which you can askquestions more specific to the problem. afro
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

fault codes Empty
PostSubject: Re: fault codes   fault codes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 3:51 pm

cheers for the quick reply spoke to the diesel guy and he has only briefly driven it he thinks its pump timing will let ya know.also thanks for the link spotted that site a long time ago and it confused me more with them fault codes.heres a link to a cracking site i came across (if the mechanicals of the engines are the same.i think so) http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/index.htm .after checking the fault codes myself linking te1 +e1 and counting the pauses between the flashes i am presuming mines obd1.you can find your diagnostic port in the compartment were the battery is located,just dont expect anyone in england to be able to plug into it(not even toyota) affraid .there are plenty of usefull engine diagnosis tips on that site i would have joined to ask for advice but a: i dont own a 4x4(they may take the huff) and b: they probably wouldnt like a pomm asking for advice(without a 4x4). lol!

Last edited by maximus on Sun May 11, 2008 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

fault codes Empty
PostSubject: Re: fault codes   fault codes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 2:28 pm

aha im a bit nearer sorting fault been diagnosed as overboosting(15+) vac lines been ruled out so could be a sticky actuator( i hope).
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

fault codes Empty
PostSubject: Re: fault codes   fault codes Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 8:00 pm

power loss diagnosed as the actuator diaphram goosed.diesel bob had it off said i need new un.hopefully a replacement can be sourced reasonably quickly.otherwise its probably a tearfull call to the main dealer. affraid maybe they are a common thing that can be sourced local i dunno?

Last edited by on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

fault codes Empty
PostSubject: Re: fault codes   fault codes Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 3:34 pm

here is a link to codes specific to the 2lte engine and how to read them http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/efifaultcodes.htm
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

fault codes Empty
PostSubject: Re: fault codes   fault codes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 10:10 pm

yahoo one toyota actuator from japan £175 plus vat and she`s back on the road cheers cant thank this man enough he is so helpfull and he has an excellent website why not take a look.i aint kiddin http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

fault codes Empty
PostSubject: Re: fault codes   fault codes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 6:40 pm

Do fault codes ever flash on the air con switch?
Some time ago (around 3 years) it used to flash 3 or 4 times rythmically a few times...then go off. By switching the air con off and on it would start again.
Did'nt appear to have any effect on the air con functionallity....but after a few weeks the light went out altogether...though the air con continued to work.
Prior to that episode the switch light worked as you would expect.
Anyone know what it was trying to tell me??
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

fault codes Empty
PostSubject: Re: fault codes   fault codes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 8:23 pm

No not seen that one sorry
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

fault codes Empty
PostSubject: Re: fault codes   fault codes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:36 am

Corollas and Camrys will flash light on the A/C switch if there is a problem, never seen a Hiace do it.
Sometimes the compressor has a slip sensor and reads the revolutions of the compressor campared to the engine.
tells you if A/C the belt needs tightening . Also a PCB under the dash can play up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fault codes Empty
PostSubject: Re: fault codes   fault codes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fault codes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: