Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Head Gasket

Go down 
+3
maximus
Clive
Graham
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Graham

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Nottingham
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Head Gasket Empty
PostSubject: Head Gasket   Head Gasket Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:59 am

Hi,

I have a Super Custom G Excellent 3 litre diesel. I have a suspected cracked cylinder head gasket which I know is pretty bad. I have no idea weather it s worth getting it fixed or not. It was imported in 1996 and has 95,000 on the clock. Can anyone recommend any garages or have any experience in getting it fix? The van is currently is Surrey, England.

Also if I decide not to get it fixed is there a market of them with cracked head gasket?

Regards

Graham
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Head Gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Gasket   Head Gasket Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Graham did it boil over?
If it did more than likely you will need a replacement cylinder head.

Bob is a mobile mechanic based in Thurrock, may be worth a call -
email RCMVR@AOL.COM.

Or call 07931 547438 from 8.30am to 6.00 pm mon to fri and 8.30 to 1.0 pm sat closed sundays

Free advise and very competative rates.
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Head Gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Gasket   Head Gasket Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:04 pm

this might be worth a try http://www.iccindia.biz/irs.html .dunno its the one my mate had put in at a garage,he said it was liquid glass although he had to use it twice it done the job.his particular problem was a big water leak from the back of the engine.good luck
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Head Gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Gasket   Head Gasket Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:54 am

Sounds too good to be true maximus. Be a bloody ripper if it works that well. I wonder how dear it is ?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Head Gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Gasket   Head Gasket Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:22 pm

Similar to Kalimax
http://www.kalimex.co.uk/section.html?secpath=01.04.&pgid=17

£9.99

Both may mask the problem but a real repair needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Head Gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Gasket   Head Gasket Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:05 pm

The liquid glass does work apparently....but only good for around 2 years....at least thats what they say on ebay where you can buy the raw stuff.....
'Cargo seal up' is a brand that was popular a while back.........
Just be sure to let me know if I'm the one buying the van though lol!
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Head Gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Gasket   Head Gasket Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:39 pm

Good point Smile
Back to top Go down
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while
jimsmim

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Head Gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Gasket   Head Gasket Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:31 pm

The liquid glass does work apparently..... I'd ask about this on bongo fury as bongos are notorious for head problems linked to over heating..being as there are seriously more bongos about than hiaces and there's a quite a few clever chaps on there (though sum rite waarmers as well ) someones bound to have used or heard about this stuff.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

Head Gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Gasket   Head Gasket Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 7:26 pm

are you saying that Bongo owners are window lickers ?
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Graham

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Nottingham
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Head Gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Gasket   Head Gasket Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Thanks for the advice guys.

First noticed the van over heated so let it cool and replace the water in the system. It seemed to be fine if we kept it at 70mph but it would them get really not really quick and need about 6 litres of water put back into the system. This happened several times. The garage said there is a suspect crack head gasket but I fear that the might be some cylinders crack and the cost would escalate rapidly beyond a point that’s its worth it. Its going to cost quite a bit just to get it looked at!

The liquid gas doesn’t look like a fix but may be a temporary solution for someone who wants to buy the van for cheap and give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Head Gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Gasket   Head Gasket Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head Gasket
Page 1 of 1