Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Diesel/Gas injection.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Diesel/Gas injection. Empty
PostSubject: Diesel/Gas injection.   Diesel/Gas injection. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:34 am

Hi fellas, I'm looking into getting gas injection fitted to the SC. Anyone here had it done?
What can you tell me about it now that you've already tested it out?

Looking at two options, #1 is a simple system that has very little to go wrong and should give more power plus improved economy with less emissions. If something goes wrong, there don't seem to be many safegaurds to prevent catastrophe.

http://www.ecoshot.com.au/links.html

#2 is more involved but possibly offers better power, or better economy, plus is a smarter, learning one. It operates with gas in the intake charge even at idle. Emmissions should be lower still and it has more safegaurds, but is more complicated so has a possibly higher chance of going wrong.

http://www.dieselgas.com.au/home.htm

Either way, in Australia, the government will pay the $2000 rebate if I get it fitted. The stipulation is simply a privately registered vehicle of less than 3.5 ton mass.

I want to do it one way or another. It will give the SC a good lift in power and torque and better economy if driven sensibly, also supposedly will keep the oil cleaner, longer. Maybe extend service intervals to 10,000 Km. If the engine is modded, for instance a new exhaust, power can be increased higher again making even better use of the gas.
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Diesel/Gas injection.   Diesel/Gas injection. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:42 am

totally agree.i have only read gas injection stuff on aussie site so i dont know who does it local(will have to have a good google).if (in my case) you have a power module fitted that gives out smoke under acceleration then this can be cured with the gas.the added benefits are lower exhaust gas temps.also read it leaves the insides of the engine cleaner but you have to do a couple of oil changes as it brings all the crap off from inside.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Diesel/Gas injection.   Diesel/Gas injection. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:31 pm

I'm keen for this mod. I believe there is a good space for the tank too. under the passenger front seat area on right drive models. Mine has a large cover under there that seems to have basically nothing behind it.

The really simple system has an attraction to me as it works solely off boost pressure and a simple mod like exhaust replacement will give it a lift, as will a tricky fiddle with wastegate. It is adjustable though anyway.

The much more sophisticated one may run a lot better though, and works at idle, so in town it will benefit. I'm going to ring about it to get answers to these questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diesel/Gas injection.   Diesel/Gas injection. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diesel/Gas injection.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: