Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Empty
PostSubject: Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.   Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:53 pm

Been looking at wheels as we need tyres for re registration very soon. Anyone got info on exactly what fits properly in a taller size?

Like off what vehicle, and does anyone know the standard rim offset measurement?

Stud pattern is shared with Ford, Toyota (other models), Mitsubishi, Nissan and maybe others, but we need correctly load rated rims. A mate has a normal Hiace which has 16" Mitsubishi FTO rims on it. They fit perfectly, but I assume load rating will be too light for legality.
I'm trying to find a Ford Territory rim to try on it. The standard Territory rim is 17" x 7.5" with a large centre hole, but may be slightly too wide and offset may be wrong. Would be a great choice if they fitted though. Many rims have too small a centre hole to seat over the front stub axle.
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.   Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:17 pm

i tried 18" of a soarer looked nice on the back but wouldnt fit on the front cos of the off set
Back to top Go down
want33s
Not so new now
Not so new now
want33s

Number of posts : 76
Home City : Sunshine Coast. Queensland Australia
Model and year : LH107... 1989 4x4
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.   Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:37 pm

AU Falcon is worth trying.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.

PostSubject: Re: Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.   Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:43 am

I'm told that E series Falcons are the best fit.

16 x 7" rims with 215 x 60 x 16" tyres will keep the speedo accurate and a decent offset. Apparently AU and newer wheels will be wrong offset and hit the top ball joint without spacers.

I've seen two Hiaces with Territory rims now, but neither had the centre caps on, so I assume they have some special fitment needing the original Territory wheel nuts to hold them on. Maybe it can be adapted?

The best value for size, big tyre seems to be 235 x 45 x 17" as they are very common on Falcons and Commodores. That will put the speedo out by about 3.7% reading too fast. That will improve acceleration marginally and reduce fuel economy on the highway marginally. We do a mix of both so it should be ok in balance, and will help prevent getting booked for speeding :~)

That's if they fit in the front gaurds well enough. I haven't seen them close up yet. They're a good load rated rim, so no issues there with strength, and there are alloy rims around too, from higher spec models.

See what I can find.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.   Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:07 am

Well it's all done now. I found that the BA type 16" rims were true to word and would hit the top ball joints, toyota and Mazda, Nissan etc rims often have too small a centre hole to fit over the front stub axle etc and need machining on alloys, just no fit for steelies.

I got 4 steel Territory rims and had 235 x 45 x 17" tyres fitted on them. They fit great and the small offset which is incorrect for the van is gotten around by the 17" diameter allowing the rim to go over the top of the ball joint and keep the outer edge of the tyres roughly flush with the doors.

The rears fit inside the gaurds easy.
I got a full set of chromed dress wheel nuts and now need to simply find a way of getting a wheel centre cap to fit them, but if that doesn't work, I'll paint the stub axles silver and also the drum centres.

The rims are very strong, easily load rated for this vehicle and much tougher than alloys. The tyres are 97W rated with a weight rating well over 700Kg each, so I'm all legal.

I'll get some better pics when possible, but I'm happy and it drives better. Steering is much more responsive and the van doesn't seem to have the float it used to on 70 series tyres.

Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. SCTerryrims02

Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. SCTerryrims01
Back to top Go down
want33s
Not so new now
Not so new now
want33s

PostSubject: Re: Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.   Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:48 pm

cheers Looks good Robbo.. cheers
Maybe some Rav4 centrecaps will fit the Territory rims???
Otherwise.... I made some for a car I had years ago out of 4 X little stainless cups from an industrial kitchen supplies place.

Jas.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.   Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:43 am

Yeah, I'll be keeping my eyes open for options now. The stub axles protrude quite a lot at the front so it will be difficult. Many centre caps seem to use the edge of the hole to grip onto as well. Might need something that can utilise the nuts themselves. The Rav4 centres would be good though as they look pretty good and having the Toyota logo would be great for keeping a sense of originality. I can't see the stubs fiting behind them unfortunately....

Rears should be much easier.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.   Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:04 am

Took some more pictures this afternoon. I've painted the stub axles and drum centres with cold gal spray paint so it looks a bit better.

Also updated the avatar Smile

Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. SCTerryrims03

Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. SCTerryrims04

Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. SCTerryrims05

Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. SCTerryrims06

Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. SCTerryrims07

Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. SCTerryrims08

Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. SCTerryrims09

Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. SCTerryrims10
Back to top Go down
want33s
Not so new now
Not so new now
want33s

PostSubject: Re: Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.   Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:02 am

This is the same as the one I saw yesterday in traffic that I thought would suit your needs.
The cap appears to be held on by the nuts so you may need the nuts also if they are different to yours.
They appear to stick out enough to cover your stub axle caps.
Sorry.. It's the best pic I can find.Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Rav4Jas.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.   Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:38 am

They're the old 16" x 6.5" steel rims. New RAV4's have them almost the same but 17" and I removed a cap from a RAV beside me in the car park :~)

It was held on by the centre hole :~(

I'm not too hopefull of an easy solution. Maybe the old Ford commercial centre caps as they use the nuts, but they're FUGLY.

My nuts may not be any good to hold them on either. Not enough taper left over the hole edge. I'm not going to obsess about it though.

If the RAV rims had big enough centre holes, I would have just gotten those in the 17" variety and used 225 tyres.
Back to top Go down
marco__polo
marco__polo

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Sydney
Registration date : 2018-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.   Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 2:00 am

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade the wheels and tires on my old but reliable Toyota Hiace RZH 1998 to something a little more durable and "all terrain".

The current setup:
14" – 5x114.3 – 5 stud bolt pattern (67mm centre of one hole to the centre of the next hole).

I looked into Toyota Hilux 15R/16R but I'm not sure if it will fit or cause issues in the suspension.

Toyota Hilux
5x114.3 stud pattern – 205/70/15C

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.   Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheels for 2WD 5 stud SC in Australia.
Page 1 of 1