Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lever in the dash - what is it?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Lever in the dash - what is it? Empty
PostSubject: Lever in the dash - what is it?   Lever in the dash - what is it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:47 pm

What is the lever set in the dash on the left hand side of the steering column. It moves through 180 degrees but don't appear to do anything?
Back to top Go down
zoochy
Been here a while
Been here a while
zoochy

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Tropical Canada
Model and year : LH107G 1991
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Lever in the dash - what is it?   Lever in the dash - what is it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:36 pm

It allows you to tilt the steering wheel when the leaver is perpendicular to the column.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

PostSubject: Re: Lever in the dash - what is it?   Lever in the dash - what is it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:52 pm

Thank you.

I'll have a play tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Lever in the dash - what is it?   Lever in the dash - what is it? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:51 am

Ours was loose when we got it and the wheel used to drop at unexpected times. The lever is on a spline if you ever have to adjust it. Just take the nut off and lever it off and adjust by repostioning on spline.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Lever in the dash - what is it?   Lever in the dash - what is it? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:37 am

Thanks, I assume it has moved as only a fraction of resistance then lever just falls down, may be on that today as it is raining yet again here!
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Lever in the dash - what is it?   Lever in the dash - what is it? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:37 pm

Right lever locks the wheel fine, just move it a fraction and it falls away. I assumed that it was just not releasing, so I got myself in position to remove the trim and leant on the steering wheel it moved in about 3 inches, pulled it out and is now in a far better position for me. Lifted lever up and it is locked there. Result or what!

This bus is just getting better and better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lever in the dash - what is it?   Lever in the dash - what is it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lever in the dash - what is it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: