Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vibration at idle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Vibration at idle Empty
PostSubject: Vibration at idle   Vibration at idle Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:22 am

Hi , has anyone noticed an the SC 4WD steering wheel shakes and there is vibration at idle and no big difference if I put it in neutral at traffic lights.
Smooth while driving but very rattly and rough at idle, maybe injectors need servicing??
Apart from that I took it for it's first big voyage on the weekend and it goes like a bullet .
For a big van these SC's are a good thing and I reckon I'll keep this beast for ever.
Fuel consumption is around 10 lt / 100 kms and I really pushed it up the hills going from Sydney to the Central caoast. 140 kph up hill and maybe a bit more left.
Not bad considering my old 1KZ 120 series Prado would die and slow down to 100 kph and it was performance chipped as well.
Just need to find a new climate control module for the A/C and do a few touch up's on the body , fit bull bar and tow bar and and this will be a sweet ride.

Fletch cheers

Markmark88 likes this post

Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Vibration at idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibration at idle   Vibration at idle Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:32 am

Damn good mileage for pushing, if your after a nudge bar and don't mind a trip to the Gold Coast , bar for 94 was put on today for $440 fitted. Polished alluminium will up piccie of frony when it stops raining.Top solid bar and no I don't have anything to do with the maker Smile

Just fixed my steering wheel moving and shaking today. The lever that locks it in after setting up position was loose and didn't lock properly, pulled it apart and it is on a spline. whack off the nut and reposition and now it's as solid as a rock
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Vibration at idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibration at idle   Vibration at idle Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:49 am

Yep , I normally don't drive that fast but I just wanted to see what it's limits were.
I still reckon the jap import cars go better than the Aus models.
I think they map the computer for more performance and dont worry to much about emmissions.

Thanks for the info on the bars , I have'nt decided yet to get a nudge or full on bull bar.
if you get a chance can you take a pic of your bar.
I'll check out the steering wheel & colum tomorrow
Fletch
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Vibration at idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibration at idle   Vibration at idle Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:03 am

The photo host doesn't seem to like me so untill I get that sorted you can just see it in the avatar.
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Vibration at idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibration at idle   Vibration at idle Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:37 am

Looks like a nice solid bar with big diameter tube
youv got a nice looking van there boy ""
Fletch
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Vibration at idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibration at idle   Vibration at idle Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:19 am

This might work

Vibration at idle Van410
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

Vibration at idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibration at idle   Vibration at idle Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:09 pm

That looks neat. Double click on the pic to open it bigger.
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Vibration at idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibration at idle   Vibration at idle Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 3:47 am

Yeah that looks cool, if i was to instal on mine i would have to rid the front auto flip down air dam... does anybody have this gizzmo? dont really think it does much, cant notice any difference with it down. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vibration at idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibration at idle   Vibration at idle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vibration at idle
Page 1 of 1