Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2001 Toyota Hiace Regius Need Meaning of Engine Codes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tonywales

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Kinmel Bay
Registration date : 2024-07-17

2001 Toyota Hiace Regius Need Meaning of Engine Codes Empty
PostSubject: 2001 Toyota Hiace Regius Need Meaning of Engine Codes   2001 Toyota Hiace Regius Need Meaning of Engine Codes Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2024 8:11 pm

hello everyone just joined, I have a 2001 Toyota Hiace Regius 2690cc Petrol/lpg, had a huge problem starting it we have replaced the plugs and crankshaft sensor no joy.

I have just purchased a scanner and was wondering where i could find the meaning of the codes the scanner not arrived yet till tomorrow but like to be prepaired welcome any help please thank you
Back to top Go down
willyw
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 28
Home City : Sunshine Coast
Registration date : 2014-10-28

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Toyota Hiace Regius Need Meaning of Engine Codes   2001 Toyota Hiace Regius Need Meaning of Engine Codes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2024 7:23 am

look into https://zf-scantools.com/ and his products
look into j2534 cable and techstream
look into shorting diagnostic plug and counting ECU light flashes on dash
Back to top Go down
g00se
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
g00se

Number of posts : 323
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Toyota Hiace Regius Need Meaning of Engine Codes   2001 Toyota Hiace Regius Need Meaning of Engine Codes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2024 10:11 am

I'm not sure if the Regius is OBD2, OBD1 or even M-OBD. The Super Customs are generally OBD1 or some are M-OBD.

If the Regius is OBD2 then the reader will probably convert - if not, then they're readily available online. If it's OBD1, then the flash codes are online too - eg: https://www.2carpros.com/articles/toyota-trouble-code-definitions-and-code-gathering-method-1990-1995

If you've ordered one of the zf scantools devices, the more basic version (ODB1READ) doesn't fetch codes, just displays computer sensor valies. The 'bigger' one will though (TOYOCOM). I think he's only making the more basic version now but the other comes up for sale now and again on the TOYOBD1 facebook groups.

BTW - what are the non-starting symptoms? Hot engine, cold engine etc?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Toyota Hiace Regius Need Meaning of Engine Codes   2001 Toyota Hiace Regius Need Meaning of Engine Codes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2001 Toyota Hiace Regius Need Meaning of Engine Codes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: