Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ball joint upgrade

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TamaTheToyota

Number of posts : 6
Home City : Auckland, NZ
Model and year : 1995 LH129V
Registration date : 2023-06-12

Ball joint upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Ball joint upgrade   Ball joint upgrade Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 8:41 pm

I've just lifted my LH129V, extended shackles at the back, torsion bars wound up at the front, and new Dobinsons shocks all around.

As part of this I've fit 235/75/15 Kenda Klever R/T's and have noticed my ball joints are looking under more strain than normal due to the new angle.

Any suggestions on upgrades or fixes for this? I think I'll replace them either way.

Back to top Go down
Torrin77

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Auckland
Model and year : 1994 LH129 SLWB High roof 4x4
Registration date : 2021-11-10

Ball joint upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball joint upgrade   Ball joint upgrade Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2024 3:45 am

hey mate, not too sure about sussing new ball joints. I used to own a 4x4 Mitsubishi Delica and people used to get ball joint spacers made up, not sure if that would work on a hiace?

Ive got a LH129 as well, and was wondering if i might be able to pick your brains about how you did your lift

TamaTheToyota likes this post

Back to top Go down
TamaTheToyota

Number of posts : 6
Home City : Auckland, NZ
Model and year : 1995 LH129V
Registration date : 2023-06-12

Ball joint upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball joint upgrade   Ball joint upgrade Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 10:20 pm

@Torrin77 Cheers, I'll have a look into that, going to try Hilux/Surf ones as well.

Yeah no worries, I managed to get the last pair of extended shackles JDM Offroad had who is based in the US. I used those on the back, wound up the torsions up front and fit new Dobbinson Heavy Duty shocks all around.

I've been meaning to measure up the shackles and see how they compare to the Hilux/Surf ones available on the market, gut feeling is that they will fit. Just fitting the new shocks made a world of difference to the ride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ball joint upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball joint upgrade   Ball joint upgrade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ball joint upgrade
Page 1 of 1