Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leaking air con hoses

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chippa
Chippa

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Sydney
Registration date : 2023-08-08

Leaking air con hoses  Empty
PostSubject: Leaking air con hoses    Leaking air con hoses  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 1:36 am

Sooo, I'm stripping the cabin for a camper conversion and removed the Aircon unit in the rear panel. I've removed the 2 hoses also attached to the unit. Now when I drive it's bursting out this rusty slimy water from the hoses (holy sh*t)

Are these hoses linked to the engines cooling system? it seems it is building pressure up when I drive and leaking old coolant out of the hoses.

Having lots of fun pls help 😐
Cheers, caleLeaking air con hoses  Img_2010
Leaking air con hoses  Img_2011
Leaking air con hoses  Img_2012
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Leaking air con hoses    Leaking air con hoses  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 8:52 am

At the very least seal the pipes of before starting the engine , the brown sludge is an indication of the rest of the cooling system and recommend having it drained cleaned and refilled with Toyota red coolant . There is control valve under the van where the pipes can be connected together to replace your rear heater .
PS its not your AC system its your rear heater.
Back to top Go down
Chippa
Chippa

PostSubject: Re: Leaking air con hoses    Leaking air con hoses  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 9:07 am

Aaah okay thanks, I have just joined the 2 hoses together using an elbow joiner + hose clamps. Mechanic told me it needs multiple chemical flushes, as it's been left untouched for so long it has built up alot of sludge.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Leaking air con hoses    Leaking air con hoses  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 8:51 pm

Hello ‘Cale’ and welcome to the forum

JT69 is bob on.

If you intend to delete the whole of the rear heating system I’d strongly recommend doing this much further forward in the system otherwise you’ll have a long loop of coolant that will eventually likely fail somewhere and dump the coolant on the ground.

It looks like your system needs urgent attention, which I’d tackle ahead of your camper fit out. Hiaces need a good cooling system. You might find you need to spend some time, effort and possibly money on this. Your van, your plans and passengers will thank you.

Before diving into your sludginess I’d recommend reading the long post I wrote on cooling on my Show us Yours page. It’s below the pictures of the brake drums (on p1).

There’s also a long post at the top of the page, which has links to some resources you might find useful, too.

HTH!!
Back to top Go down
Chippa
Chippa

PostSubject: Re: Leaking air con hoses    Leaking air con hoses  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2023 6:32 am

Hello thank you, okay awesome I'll look into your content. Thanks for your help. I guess for now the pipes need connecting at the control valve as bob mentioned. Cheers, Cale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaking air con hoses    Leaking air con hoses  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaking air con hoses
Page 1 of 1