Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

US/Canada source for rear window?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 61
Home City : Carson NM
Model and year : 95 super custom, auto, full time 4x4, 1kzte
Registration date : 2021-03-29

US/Canada source for rear window? Empty
PostSubject: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2023 6:40 pm

Looking for a replacement rear window, the very rear hatch window. It got shattered Crying or Very sad .
I live in New Mexico, so a US source would be awesome if it exists, next step would be Canada.
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2023 9:19 pm

Good Afternoon TacticalAnt.

Sorry to hear about the rear hatch. Wife’s R/R window got shot by a pellet gun and I had to reach out to Japan to get one. Everyone that said they had one….didn’t and stopped answering their phones.

Shipping was overnight DHl which cost more than the glass, but it arrived in perfect condition and she can still drive her van.

If you can’t find one locally, this is a reputable option. I am attaching a general search and a piece of glass I found. You have to poke around to make sure you buy the right one.

Good luck Sir, God Bless
-Bryan

https://autoparts.beforward.jp/search/TOYOTA/?search=Hiace+rear+windshield

https://autoparts.beforward.jp/detail/Mirrors---Windshields/Rear-Window-Glass/PA64990296/
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2023 10:33 pm

Thanks brother, you always got my back!
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2023 11:18 pm

Wow, look at those prices. Looks like ill be using Lexan. Jankey.

blgravely likes this post

Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 282
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 2:50 pm

Just as thought - does anyone know if any of the european Hiace glass rear windows would be the same? Prices look cheaper and shipping may be cheaper too.

https://www.autoglas-concurrent.nl/en/rear-window-replacement/toyota/hiace/
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 3:00 pm

It only shows delivery option to Netherlands, or Belgium. Also, the description says “left back door”??
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 3:48 pm

Some say tailgate - but it was just a thought. I would think 'left back door' is for the versions that have barn doors rather than tailgates.
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 4:44 pm

Ohhh, i didnt know that was an option… what a dream that would be.
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 5:01 pm

Now thinking about retrofitting a more common (to us market) tailgate glass, something from a 4runner, jeep, Chrysler mini van, other??
Build a subframe that would fit the hiace and provide mounting for the retrofit glass.
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 5:48 pm

Yes, but those hiaces in the UK were only ever workman vans with bonnet fronts. So they're very much more basic. But very reliable and good for campervan conversions.
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 6:28 pm

Define “bonnet front” please?
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 6:29 pm

In uk, bonnet = hood.
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 6:42 pm

Ok, but how is that different from the others? Like a pop up hood with access to???
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 7:01 pm

The engine is under the hood, rather than the passenger seat.

A bit safer but less room inside
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 11:03 pm

Hello TacticalAnt

Sorry to hear about your window woes.

I think all the tailgate windows (if that is what you mean by rear hatch window) are the same. To check this put you model into the EPC and find the OEM number. If you need more info on parts etc, see the longish post on my show-us-yours page. It might be some use.

Last year I was doing some research on the windscreen / windshield options (we all call the same things by different names) and in the UK it was fairly straightforward and easy to get a replacement and for not a lot. The OEM types with either green or gold colour-tint were not available anymore, nor did these have the inbuilt colour sunblind than some have, but a replacement was ~£150. I contacted three mass-market windscreen replacement companies and two could get a replacement the next day.

I was looking at the option for removing the screen to do some work and nobody could guarantee that the screen could be taken out, so they would have a spare on standby and if all was good then they’d refit the original and put the replacement back into stock.

The point is I just asked companies that have access to broad ranges of windscreen for lots of vehicles and let them do the searching into their inventories. Two companies have good stories. The one that couldn’t supply was a national company that seemingly tends to work only on roadside repairs and modern vehicles.

All the companies said they might not have access to the seal kit. On the windscreen this is in two parts. The seal kit and a dam kit. These are available from international Toyota dealers (see my long post) for ~£80 and ~£20 respectively.

Your experience for the tailgate glass might be very different but Hiaces were never common here and are now rare, yet two auto glass companies had similar availabilities, which was very welcome.

Best of luck!!
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 11:47 pm

Thanks, it wont hurt to ask them for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada source for rear window?   US/Canada source for rear window? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US/Canada source for rear window?
Page 1 of 1