Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cabin filter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Johncarpetman

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Hull
Registration date : 2022-09-17

Cabin filter  Empty
PostSubject: Cabin filter    Cabin filter  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 7:40 am

Hello all,
New to site,can anyone help,I’ve searched everywhere for my cabin filter but can’t find,thanks
Back to top Go down
DJPOWER

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Russia Krasnodar
Model and year : KZH106
Registration date : 2022-06-28

Cabin filter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin filter    Cabin filter  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 5:26 pm

the filter is not factory installed on the hiace.
Back to top Go down
Johncarpetman

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Hull
Registration date : 2022-09-17

Cabin filter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin filter    Cabin filter  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 6:37 pm

Thanks DJPower,you confirmed my suspicions,il have to use lots air fresheners,lol
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Cabin filter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin filter    Cabin filter  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 7:23 pm

Hello both.

Yes, the Hiace doesn’t have a cabin air filter / pollen filter like is usually fitted to modern cars and vans that have a paper cartridge somewhere in the cabin air ducting.

There is a basic stainless-steel mesh ‘filter’ in front of the scroll fan. It’s PNC 55076A and you can see it on Scheme 2 picture at this link in the Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC):

https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/lh119v/114894/electric/8712/

The filter is reasonable but not when compared to modern vehicles. Over time its foam mesh edge breaks down and the mesh itself does get clogged so it’s worth giving it some attention. To access this piece you need to remove the front grill.

You can see that the filter is not expensive but the original should last forever.

By the way modify the EPC to your exact van based on the build pate and you can use it and the other resources it links to for great parts resources etc. Another site that’s handy is Megazip but I prefer the EPC and Amayama. Also head over to the Hiacesoutheast site and down load the manuals there. The electrical one is the best I’ve come across.

HTH!
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Cabin filter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin filter    Cabin filter  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 10:26 pm

I made one for mine..

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t3101-cabin-air-filter-location

The thread does not show the finished product, but it does work, I just had to be careful the headlamp did not impact on it. Smile

LH119V likes this post

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Cabin filter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin filter    Cabin filter  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 11:09 pm

Excellent, GPW.

Thanks for the forum link. Really useful and let’s not forget that there’s very little new out there but new post get made. I’m as guilty of this as anyone.

I’d also forgotten that it’s more behind the lamp unit than the grill.

Here’s how the ‘filter’ came off my van:
Cabin filter  2021-100

The background is a standard bag of cement so you can see how big this thing is.

Here’s it after a little clean up:
Cabin filter  2021-099

Now, the edges are overpainted in a finish coat (mesh is stainless, edge is passivated steel) and a replacement is really inexpensive compared to refurb (postage aside)! However, mine has lasted pretty well for ~30y.

It’s not ‘modern’ by any meaning of the word. My final step will be to glue / bond on some closed cell foam in place or the original open cell variant, which had failed and holds water in any case.

I’m sure a better solution is out there. One thing to bear in mind is the mesh (and HVAC) is quite exposed to incoming air and if this is damp the result is likely to be a damp filter and damp air. After a run in a modern car a cabin filter doesn’t attract as much moisture, though oddly I think the engine air filter does perform better in damp conditions than many modern vehicles.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Cabin filter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin filter    Cabin filter  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2022 8:46 pm

Very interesting to see!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cabin filter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin filter    Cabin filter  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cabin filter
Page 1 of 1