Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Engine fuel system cleaner

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WestCoastALE

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Fort Collins
Model and year : YKZH106W-MFPQT
A340F G292
Registration date : 2022-08-07

Engine fuel system cleaner Empty
PostSubject: Engine fuel system cleaner   Engine fuel system cleaner Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2022 4:16 am

Hi all. I'm new to owning a diesel, so wanted to reach out about using fuel system cleaners or oil conditioners and the like. I think I remember YouTuber nathansharma87 mentioning he runs some in his van but wanted to get your opinion.

Not sure if it matters but I'm in Colorado.

Yes or No?

Brands / Products you like? Or are they all the same?

Thank you!

blgravely likes this post

Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

Engine fuel system cleaner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine fuel system cleaner   Engine fuel system cleaner Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2022 3:00 pm

Good Morning.

Us fuels are now all ultra-low sulphur.  They went from 600 to 15 which is basically nothing. The mechanical pump internals were designed to use fuel for lubrication. You have to replace that missing sulphur to keep wear down and what not. This is absolutely an issue in the US, not sure about overseas.

Tons of products on the market. Most have cleansers in them as well. We use a product heavy diesel operators buy by the gallon with every fill up. Stinks a bit. Amazon carries it.

-Stanadyne diesel additive-

It really isn’t optional in America since the fuel change in 2006. I know it’s tedious but what can you do???

Now as for the oil, I know they’ve been pulling phosphorus from oil here to help emissions which GREATLY affects older vehicles with flat tappet cams, or high spring pressure like in my race car. Good news is diesel oil here is unaffected by that issue, and the engine in the Hiace isn’t at risk anyway. Stay away from car oil and you’ll be fine in my humble opinion.

Change your oil often if possible. Rock Auto has oil filters in stock which makes things easier.

Have an awesome day,
-Bryan
Back to top Go down

Engine fuel system cleaner
Page 1 of 1