Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

92 LH107 transmission problem :/

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aces.Hi

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Eugene, OR
Registration date : 2022-07-06

92 LH107 transmission problem :/ Empty
PostSubject: 92 LH107 transmission problem :/   92 LH107 transmission problem :/ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2022 5:28 am

Hi folks,
2.8 4x4 auto, having an intermittent issue but seems to be happening more often now. It’s at slower speeds when it happens and I believe it’s slipping, feels like it’s losing power. Maybe quickly jumping back and forth between 3 and 4? Wasn’t sure if it was transmission or a fuel issue at first but when I shift down into 2 then it runs smoothly so I’m pretty sure it’s a 3rd gear issue. I haven’t experienced any problems in 4 at higher speeds.Trans fluid has never shown and discoloration or off smell, I’ve spilled and filled twice and the level is right on.

I’m wondering if anyone knows what model transmission is in my rig, or how to find out?

I’m a new member so I can’t share the links I’ve found that have some ideas on where to start. One issue mentioned are the solenoids.

Really just looking for any help and others experience. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: 92 LH107 transmission problem :/   92 LH107 transmission problem :/ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2022 4:31 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

To identify your gearbox you need to decode the build plate.

The best way to do this is to access the very many resources over on the Hiacesoutheast web site. It has the best manuals there, too.

For wider parts searching take your model code and options (from the build plate) and plug it into the Toyota Electronic Parts Catalogue site, see:

https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/

Don’t worry the site says ‘Regius Ace’, but if your model isn’t there initially then try other Toyota models.

The EPC links through to the Amayama site (others are available) but I think this useful for narrowing down parts options.

Auto boxes are not my think but I hope this gives you the necessary tools to make a start.

Cheers.

Aces.Hi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Aces.Hi

PostSubject: Re: 92 LH107 transmission problem :/   92 LH107 transmission problem :/ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2022 4:50 pm

Thanks for the reply, I checked out the Hiacesoutheast site and see that the Hiace usually has the A45DL, mine is the A45DE which I found to mean electronic control vs lock-up torque converter. I was also able to decipher the gear box G142 (G)=Ring Size 8in (14)Ratio=4.875 (2)Carrier=2 pinion open diff.

LH119V likes this post

Back to top Go down
Aces.Hi

PostSubject: Re: 92 LH107 transmission problem :/   92 LH107 transmission problem :/ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2022 6:36 pm

Wondering if the speedometer is connected to any sensors used for shifting?
The speedometer cable assembly was stolen out from under my van a while back, (weird I know, it was in NYC and I think they were after a catalytic converter) …unfortunately I didn’t notice until I got into traffic and the whole cable probably slid out then. After replacement the new cable and housing was very noisy, even after some extra lubricant. It’s not as loud now but my speed displayed is erratic, jumps around +/-10kmh sometimes. I disconnected the elbow, sealed it off and tied up the cable and went for a drive this morning and didn’t experience the shifting/power issue.
Back to top Go down
Aces.Hi

PostSubject: Re: 92 LH107 transmission problem :/   92 LH107 transmission problem :/ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2022 6:40 pm

I called the guy I bought the van from, he imports and works on tons of them. He said he’s not even sure if this is a transmission, engine or fuel issue without driving it but that the speedometer wouldn’t cause transmission trouble.

Feeling bummed
Back to top Go down
jtalen
jtalen

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Calgary
Model and year : 1992 3L Hiace (LH119)
Registration date : 2017-06-06

PostSubject: Re: 92 LH107 transmission problem :/   92 LH107 transmission problem :/ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 8:33 pm

Hey there, Aces.Hi!
I'm having similar issues with my '92 LH119 - any updates? Did you find any clues?
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/jjtalen/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 92 LH107 transmission problem :/   92 LH107 transmission problem :/ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

92 LH107 transmission problem :/
Page 1 of 1