Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 61
Home City : Carson NM
Model and year : 95 super custom, auto, full time 4x4, 1kzte
Registration date : 2021-03-29

Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56 Empty
PostSubject: Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56   Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 4:13 am

Looking to swap my rear differential 3rd member and front diff to 4.56 gears. If you have both or just the front diff in good working order please hit me up. Im in NEw Mexico.
Email direct charder728@icloud(dot)com
Back to top Go down
nagrom7
Not so new now
Not so new now
nagrom7

Number of posts : 27
Home City : VIRGINIA BEACH
Model and year : 1995 Toyota Hiace Super Custom
Registration date : 2022-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56   Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 3:57 pm

TacticalAnt wrote:
Looking to swap my rear differential 3rd member and front diff to 4.56 gears. If you have both or just the front diff in good working order please hit me up. Im in NEw Mexico.

Have you had any luck? Quite a few options on buyeee.jp
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56   Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 8:08 pm

nagrom7 wrote:
TacticalAnt wrote:

Have you had any luck? Quite a few options on buyeee.jp

No, i just decided to stay with my original gearing and replace the bearings. Also added a Spartan locker while it was apart.
Not really trusting of what ill get off these foreign websites.
Back to top Go down
nagrom7
Not so new now
Not so new now
nagrom7

Number of posts : 27
Home City : VIRGINIA BEACH
Model and year : 1995 Toyota Hiace Super Custom
Registration date : 2022-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56   Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 8:23 pm

I've had good luck so far with some buyee components that I researched, I feel MUCH smarter ordering from Japan than china.

That said, what locker did you settle on, would love a link and any install tips? Thanks for your time
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56   Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 2:28 am

nagrom7 wrote:
I've had good luck so far with some buyee components that I researched, I feel MUCH smarter ordering from Japan than china.

That said, what locker did you settle on, would love a link and any install tips? Thanks for your time

You want the one for a toyota 4 pinion, aka v6/ 4 cyl turbo. https://www.ebay.com/itm/391961861203
Parts and torque specs are identical to same year of 4runner and pickup up to 1995 i believe.
I had to replace my bearings, but if your bearings and gears are good, it would be a simple install.
This guy has a good tip with the vise grips https://youtu.be/Lj_0sMEcmPQ
All of my studs came out of the diff housing, which turned out to be a good thing. Look up toyota diff stud elimination. Its where you use grade 10, button head screws from the inside of the housing to act as studs.
Also, you dont need to take your axles all the way out, or even remove your brake drums. Just remove the 2 clamps from the e-brake tube (each side) that mount the tube to the frame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56   Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted USA: rear 3rd differential and/front diff geared 4.56
Page 1 of 1