Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vehicle Wobbles.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CherrySloth
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 21
Home City : New Zealand
Model and year : 1994 3LTD 1KZ Super Custom Limited.
Registration date : 2021-03-04

Vehicle Wobbles. Empty
PostSubject: Vehicle Wobbles.   Vehicle Wobbles. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 3:36 am

Hello, First I'd like to thank you for all the help! I have been on this forum for a little while now. Even though this is my first post, you have all helped me a lot with Hiace issues!
My problem. I have a wobble at speed as if the wheels move independently from the body of the Hiace. not fun.
Iv replaced rack ends, wheels bearings, welded sway bars, and had an alignment. All helped (stopped it from tramlining) but have not solved the original problem. Feels as if a heavy wind is pushing me all over the road but the trees are calm. Turning corners is sketchy as it feels like the wheels tilt under me. And ALL little tiny bumps in the road now push me around. It was super solid on the road up until a month or two ago.
Please help! I love this van and have taken it all over town to assess the problem but no one can tell me. I thought I had traced it down to control arm bushings but the mechanic said it can't be the issue Sad I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. The problem is getting worse and this van is my life.
Thanks for any help.

AM Camper and CherrySloth like this post

Back to top Go down
OKJDM
Not so new now
Not so new now
OKJDM

Number of posts : 41
Home City : Melbourne
Model and year : '97 SC 4x4 1KZ turbo - Project camper

(Also '92 JZX90 MKII & '03 JZX110 BLIT Wagon)
Registration date : 2021-10-02

Vehicle Wobbles. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Wobbles.   Vehicle Wobbles. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 11:13 am

late response .. however ..
Is it speed determined ? or its a constant regardless of how fast or slow you are going?
Does your steering wheel move/constantly shaking while this happens?

Possible things to check out..
wheels: are they buckled?... Have wheel weights come off.. Are the wheels balanced?

try swapping the fronts to rear .. see if that helps.

Hoping you've sorted it by now.

DataGlasses likes this post

Back to top Go down
CherrySloth
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 21
Home City : New Zealand
Model and year : 1994 3LTD 1KZ Super Custom Limited.
Registration date : 2021-03-04

Vehicle Wobbles. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Wobbles.   Vehicle Wobbles. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 2:44 am

OKJDM wrote:
late response .. however ..
Is it speed determined ? or its a constant regardless of how fast or slow you are going?
Does your steering wheel move/constantly shaking while this happens?

Possible things to check out..
wheels: are they buckled?... Have wheel weights come off..  Are the wheels balanced?

try swapping the fronts to rear .. see if that helps.

Hoping you've sorted it by now.

Hey man, Ill have a look at balancing. Its alot better now after doing all these things and some but still! When turning corners at speed the steering wheel shakes and feels like the wheels are moving stil, not sure if wobble or in-out...

AM Camper likes this post

Back to top Go down
AM Camper
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 26
Home City : Reading
Model and year : 1997 Hiace Campervan 2.8 diesel poptop AM Craft
Registration date : 2017-12-26

Vehicle Wobbles. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Wobbles.   Vehicle Wobbles. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 3:23 pm

"Not fun" I know. I have same problem when wind gets up. Otherwise town centre driving is fine and if not windy motorways are ok at up to 60mph. But van doesn't feel 100% secure at higher speeds. Be interested to know if you manage to fix this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vehicle Wobbles. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Wobbles.   Vehicle Wobbles. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vehicle Wobbles.
Page 1 of 1