Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Air Filter Replacement?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
roach

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Darwin
Registration date : 2021-01-02

Air Filter Replacement? Empty
PostSubject: Air Filter Replacement?   Air Filter Replacement? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 2:24 am

Heyo,

Servicing my new 1999 Diesel Turbo Super Custom for the first time. Oil and oil filter done, and but have no idea how to change the air filter.

Anyone have a rough guide or even an idea of where the old filter is?

Preciate any hep for a newbie!
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter Replacement?   Air Filter Replacement? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 2:36 am

I'm unsure about later vehicles but when we had our 1990 Hiace the air filter was underneath the van and just to the rear of the right hand door, access is by lying on the ground and reaching up, but it is very easy and no tools needed, there's just a wingnut holding it (a very big cylindrical can). Make sure everything is correctly aligned when fitting the new one, it can be slightly fiddly.
Back to top Go down
roach

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter Replacement?   Air Filter Replacement? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 4:14 am

AgathaAlice wrote:
I'm unsure about later vehicles but when we had our 1990 Hiace the air filter was underneath the van and just to the rear of the right hand door, access is by lying on the ground and reaching up, but it is very easy and no tools needed, there's just a wingnut holding it (a very big cylindrical can). Make sure everything is correctly aligned when fitting the new one, it can be slightly fiddly.

Sorry for the delay, had to wait til the weekend to get at it - success! Thank you it was right where you said. Unfortunately I sheared the old wingnuts off and had to jimmy-rig new ones, but all worked out. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter Replacement?   Air Filter Replacement? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 4:47 am

Glad to help, but how did you shear the wingnuts?
That's quite a clever arrangement they have with the water trap, I feel.
Back to top Go down
roach

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter Replacement?   Air Filter Replacement? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 4:53 am

It was a bit of a saga. I don't know if the previous owner had every changed it... they were so crusty I had to get a wrench on them to take them off, which did a bit more damage than intended Shocked
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter Replacement?   Air Filter Replacement? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 5:58 am

They probably never even knew it was there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter Replacement?   Air Filter Replacement? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air Filter Replacement?
Page 1 of 1