Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Compact Subwoofer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

Compact Subwoofer Empty
PostSubject: Compact Subwoofer   Compact Subwoofer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 1:10 am

I've been wanting for some time to find a way to add some low-end to the factory stereo setup in my van, but didn't want to lose any cargo space to a big subwoofer box. I recently installed a compact powered subwoofer that does a pretty good job of filling out the lows, and doesn't cannibalize any cargo/feet space (very few options in a Hiace with all the spinning/sliding seats!).

I used Posi-Taps to tap into each of the front speakers' wires and connected up a line out converter so I could run RCAs to the amp for better sound quality, then installed the sub on the driver's side of the 2nd row bench's base. The sub came with a remote to adjust the bass level, and I've found a pretty good setting for most music. It doesn't reproduce 30-75Hz all that well, but it does a great job for the size and the price if all you want to do is round out your sound.

Infinity BassLink Mini

Compact Subwoofer Infini10
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

Compact Subwoofer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Compact Subwoofer   Compact Subwoofer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 5:53 am

That'll give the rust a good shake-up!
Back to top Go down

Compact Subwoofer
Page 1 of 1