Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mankey
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 37
Home City : Brackley
Registration date : 2017-03-13

Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace? Empty
PostSubject: Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace?   Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Hi. The rear shackles on my 1996 4wd lh129 have inside measurements of 100m at the top and 60mm at the bottom.

Do any hilux models have the same sized shackles? I'd really like to lift my van by a couple of inches and it would be so much easier to be able to buy some extended ones off the shelf.

Thanks for your advice.

Matt
Back to top Go down
mankey
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace?   Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 10:06 pm

Seeing as no-one has a clue if any hilux shackles will fit, Ivd done some research and I think the shackles of a mk4 hilux may be usable.
So I've ordered a pair of extended shackles and will take some proper measurements when they come. I think they should fit as the internal gap seems about right at the top.
I'll report back once I know more. Could be a good working solution (if it works).
Back to top Go down
mankey
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace?   Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 12:18 am

So the extended shackles arrived and they came with a set of bushes too. The bushes are a standard size and I'm certain that the shackles will too. The question is how much lift they will give. It would be 1.5 - 2" on a hilux, but I doubt it will be as much on a hiace.
I'll provide an update in due course, when they've been fitted.
Back to top Go down
OldestP
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 40
Home City : Bulli NSW Australia
Registration date : 2020-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace?   Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 6:01 am

Interested to know if they fit, I am looking at hilux stuff for my 1997 4wd ifs front coil rear.
Back to top Go down
TamaTheToyota

Number of posts : 6
Home City : Auckland, NZ
Model and year : 1995 LH129V
Registration date : 2023-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace?   Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2023 12:23 am

Did you ever manage to fit these?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace?   Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are there any hilux shackles that fit a 4wd hiace?
Page 1 of 1