Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cheap engine temp sensor setup

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LiamM
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 23
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 1992 Super custom limited
3L
Registration date : 2017-01-22

Cheap engine temp sensor setup Empty
PostSubject: Cheap engine temp sensor setup   Cheap engine temp sensor setup Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 8:23 pm

Hey guys,

If you want to monitor your engine temp on the cheap, there is a way! Similar to the TM2 engine watchdog but much cheaper. I got mine for $23 bucks Canadian ~ 17 bucks USD.

I got these two items on ebay -

Digital LCD Temperature Controller Thermostat MH1210A -40~120℃ with Sensor Probe
- this is the temperature sensor device. I couldn't find any with probes that could be bolted on so I ordered a bolt on probe

Waterproof Temperature Sensor Probe Thermistor Screw fixed NTC10K 1M 2M 5M 10M
- Bolt on temperature probe

If you want to add an alarm:
12V 95DB High-decibel Electronic Buzzer Beeper Intermittent Beep Alarm Arduino

For power you can use a fuse tap to tap into your fuse box, or wire the device to a cigarette lighter connector.
Mount the temperature sensing probe to the valve cover, somewhere on engine block, or thermostat housing.
Drive around and note the highest temp, then set alarm to go off a couple degrees higher from your usual max.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Cheap engine temp sensor setup   Cheap engine temp sensor setup Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 10:20 am

Sounds good, any pics?
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Cheap engine temp sensor setup   Cheap engine temp sensor setup Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 6:55 pm

Pics would be great! This is something that I am considering setting up before the summer months. Curious where you mounted the sensor, if you had to modify it to fit the bolt (hard to tell the diameter of the hole), and where you mounted the display unit. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap engine temp sensor setup   Cheap engine temp sensor setup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap engine temp sensor setup
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: