Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ECU when it’s raining. (Middle sunroof letting in water)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaxson

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Merewether
Model and year : 1994
Toyota Hiace super custom
1kz
Registration date : 2019-03-22

ECU when it’s raining. (Middle sunroof letting in water) Empty
PostSubject: ECU when it’s raining. (Middle sunroof letting in water)   ECU when it’s raining. (Middle sunroof letting in water) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 1:23 pm

It appears that something is getting wet from my middle sunroof as the rubber seal is letting water in and shorting out something ( I’m guessing it’s the ECU) because it runs like a dream when it’s fine weather but as soon as the rain comes, the fuel pump seems to be getting mixed messages as it’s miss firing and blowing clouds of diesel smoke! I’m getting a new rubber seal just wondering has anyone had this problem before and should I have the ECU looked at or the fuel pump looked at after replacing the seal? Thanks from jaxson in Australia
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

ECU when it’s raining. (Middle sunroof letting in water) Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU when it’s raining. (Middle sunroof letting in water)   ECU when it’s raining. (Middle sunroof letting in water) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 7:31 pm

The seal is not for waterproofing - you seem to have a problem with the roof system drain pipes, you'll need to remove the headlining (rear first, then front) to get at / replace the pipes.

The ECU is in the LHS pillar and you can readily check it it's getting wet if you remove the lower cover and check next time.
Back to top Go down

ECU when it’s raining. (Middle sunroof letting in water)
Page 1 of 1