Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intermittent Power Side Door?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AinWarhol
Not so new now
Not so new now
AinWarhol

Number of posts : 25
Home City : Austin, TX, USA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited
KZH100
Registration date : 2018-12-06

Intermittent Power Side Door? Empty
PostSubject: Intermittent Power Side Door?   Intermittent Power Side Door? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 9:34 pm

Ok so this seems to be a recurring theme with my recently imported SCL: things working "intermittently"

This week's flavor is the powered side sliding door. I'm not sure how common of an option this was on these vans, but mine seems to have a mind of its own!

Basically when I hit the open button on the dash, the door might slide open, or it may not. (it should be noted the buzzer sound goes off regardless).

If it does open, then I have no trouble getting it to close with the button too.

I've assumed the van has to be in Park in order for it to work, which I've been doing but it still won't open every time.

Anyone else had this issue? Is there some special sauce secret combination of steps I have to follow to ensure it does open? This isn't a "necessary" feature of the van, but it sure is embarrassing when I tell my friends that it has an power-side door and then it decides not to work that time lol
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Intermittent Power Side Door? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intermittent Power Side Door?   Intermittent Power Side Door? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 10:53 pm

Sounds like the door contacts, make sure they are clean and oiled a bit. ACF50 is probably a good choice.
Back to top Go down

Intermittent Power Side Door?
Page 1 of 1