Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hot Pot Cap

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Snowshoes

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Benbrook, TX
Registration date : 2019-01-15

Hot Pot Cap Empty
PostSubject: Hot Pot Cap   Hot Pot Cap Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 1:03 am

Hi guys first post here, super excited just bought a 1993 Hiace Super Custom Limited but the hotpot cap is missing(the thing that locks the whole hotpot  in place) anyone know the part number, so i can try to hunt one online? I tried digging around on megazip.net but alas no such luck. My model number is KZH106W-MRPGT or if anyone has a grey one they wanna sell lemme know. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

Hot Pot Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Pot Cap   Hot Pot Cap Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 2:46 am

Congratulations on your new rig!

You could always go the nuclear option!  Smile  I've added this item to my watchlist recently, probably more than I want to take on to convert my basic console into the cooler/hotpot console:

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/x593296655
Back to top Go down
Snowshoes

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Benbrook, TX
Registration date : 2019-01-15

Hot Pot Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Pot Cap   Hot Pot Cap Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 3:03 pm

So i ended up finding the whole hotpot unit itself (still no idea where to get just the cap) but its like 440 bucks from japanese warehouse. The one you linked djathens is a very good price do they have more than one? I dont wanna steal your part you found xD
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

Hot Pot Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Pot Cap   Hot Pot Cap Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 3:16 pm

It's all yours! I kind of like the extra storage space in the basic console. Plenty of room to store cassette tapes for the factory head unit! Wink

Be aware that shipping will probably be equal to or greater than the item, though still sounds cheaper than your other find. I think there is an estimation tool on the website.
Back to top Go down
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Number of posts : 87
Home City : Manchester, UK
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom
2.44L EFi Turbo Diesel Automatic LH100G
Registration date : 2018-08-13

Hot Pot Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Pot Cap   Hot Pot Cap Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 4:40 pm

Can either of you help with opening this thing !!

I can open the cooler/heated storage at the rear, but it's not working and I cant open the front to get inside and look for the fault.

I have tried what appears to be some sort of lock or latch mechanism under the front edge, but it just wont budge.
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

Hot Pot Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Pot Cap   Hot Pot Cap Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 5:03 pm

Good question, as I have the non-cooler option, mine opens from the front via the latch you mentioned. I suppose Toyota used the same lid for both options and just added some fasteners on the inside to keep you from opening from the front. Have you looked around inside or under the front lid with a dental mirror to see if there is anything holding it down?

@Snowhshoes, just wanted to throw out that there is another one of these on the Yahoo! site, this one has all the plumbing too!

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b369398018
Back to top Go down
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Number of posts : 87
Home City : Manchester, UK
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom
2.44L EFi Turbo Diesel Automatic LH100G
Registration date : 2018-08-13

Hot Pot Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Pot Cap   Hot Pot Cap Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 3:37 pm

Looked everywhere and all I have been able to find are 2 "plugs" in the cooler/heater box itself. However, removing these made no difference at all.

Driving me nuts, as its holding up so many other little jobs I want to have a look at.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Hot Pot Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Pot Cap   Hot Pot Cap Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 10:37 pm

Kippax wrote:
Can either of you help with opening this thing !!

I can open the cooler/heated storage at the rear, but it's not working and I cant open the front to get inside and look for the fault.

I have tried what appears to be some sort of lock or latch mechanism under the front edge, but it just wont budge.

I remember an issue in the past about this - was it you?
As I understand it - you can't open the big lid on the front part of the box?

Could you post of a picture with a pointy finger so we can see the exact issue? Maybe then someone with the same box can photograph the inside and catch arrangement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hot Pot Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Pot Cap   Hot Pot Cap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hot Pot Cap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General :: General chat-
Jump to: