Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Turn signal lever won't stay on

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AinWarhol
Not so new now
Not so new now
AinWarhol

Number of posts : 25
Home City : Austin, TX, USA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited
KZH100
Registration date : 2018-12-06

Turn signal lever won't stay on Empty
PostSubject: Turn signal lever won't stay on   Turn signal lever won't stay on Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 2:53 pm

Ok so maybe this is just something normal for JDM vehicles that I'm not aware about, but my newly imported 93' Hiace SC has a turn signal lever that doesn't stay put.

In other words, when trying to signal both left or right turns, the lever stick will move down/up a little bit to trigger the momentary switch, but normally I should be able to push the lever further and it will stay.

It's not a world-ender problem, but this means at ever intersection/light, I have to sit there with my hand holding the lever down or up the entire time I want to have my turn indicators going.

Hopefully I've done an adequate job of explaining the issue. Is this normal for these vans? Or does it sound like my turn lever is broken? (FYI, it has no problem staying in place when pushed forward to turn on Hi-Beams)
Back to top Go down
jafo843
Not so new now
Not so new now
jafo843

Number of posts : 67
Home City : Charleston, SC USA
Model and year : 1992 LH107 Super Custom
1994 LH119 Cruising Cabin
Registration date : 2018-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Turn signal lever won't stay on   Turn signal lever won't stay on Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 5:30 pm

There is a spring and bearing at the end of the turn signal lever. Sounds like it is not seating correctly. You would have to pull the steering wheel and see what's binding it up. Not the most fun job but not rocket science either.

First i would try to shoot a real small shot of WD40 or similar down to the base of the lever with the spray straw attached to the can. That might loosen up whatever is holding it up... unless there is something broken in there. If so I have part numbers and can help you track down what you need.

Back to top Go down
jafo843
Not so new now
Not so new now
jafo843

Number of posts : 67
Home City : Charleston, SC USA
Model and year : 1992 LH107 Super Custom
1994 LH119 Cruising Cabin
Registration date : 2018-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Turn signal lever won't stay on   Turn signal lever won't stay on Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 5:34 pm

84110 is the part you're looking at.  That little ball bearing (above the "8") rides in and out of channel that locks the lever.

Turn signal lever won't stay on Screen10
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Turn signal lever won't stay on   Turn signal lever won't stay on Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 6:39 pm

Agree with jafo843

We'll need some cool photos of your new van BTW Smile

Looks quite like mine - pre-customised in Japan (new wheels, slammed, new mirrors).
I may have the same mirrors fitted on mine - with side and indicator repeaters.

Looks like yours has a funky plate across the wipers at the front.
I'd also be interesting in how it rides and how much gap you have above the front bump stops!
Are they 18" wheels? Tyres size would be interesting to compare and contrast.

Looks very cool BTW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turn signal lever won't stay on   Turn signal lever won't stay on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turn signal lever won't stay on
Page 1 of 1