Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to forum - Greetings from the US!

Go down 
+3
tomd
GPW
AinWarhol
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AinWarhol
Not so new now
Not so new now
AinWarhol

Number of posts : 25
Home City : Austin, TX, USA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited
KZH100
Registration date : 2018-12-06

New to forum - Greetings from the US! Empty
PostSubject: New to forum - Greetings from the US!   New to forum - Greetings from the US! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 6:36 pm

I just secured the purchase of a recently imported 1993 Super Custom Limited with the 1KZ diesel and it's currently en route and should be delivered in about 2 weeks.

Are there any other HiAce owners in the States on here? I've gotten the impression that there are very few of these vans imported over here, which is exciting and nerve-racking.

I'm looking forward to learning and contributing to the community here. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New to forum - Greetings from the US!   New to forum - Greetings from the US! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 9:18 pm

Cool wheels!!!
Back to top Go down
tomd

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Flagstaff, AZ, USA
Model and year : 1993 LH-129 4WD Super-Long High Roof
Registration date : 2018-06-24

PostSubject: Re: New to forum - Greetings from the US!   New to forum - Greetings from the US! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 9:52 pm

Howdy (since you're from Texas) - I have a 1993 Hiace 4wd commuter campervan LH-129, and I'm in Flagstaff, Arizona. There's a few of us around that I know of but definitely not many. I think more in the Pacific Northwest.

- Tom
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: New to forum - Greetings from the US!   New to forum - Greetings from the US! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 1:00 am

Welcome to the forum! I'm one of those Pacific Northwest folks New to forum - Greetings from the US! 183673  

There should be links on the forum to the service manual, I highly recommend downloading it and getting very familiar it and with the sites online that have the parts diagrams (toyo diy, jp-carparts.com, etc.). From there you can Google 'toyota [part number]' and a lot of times you can find parts on eBay, Amazon, or toyotapartsdeal.com. For obscure stuff you can use one of the Yahoo! auction proxy services like Buyee to import parts from Japan. Enjoy your new ride!
Back to top Go down
VNFRMJPN
Not so new now
Not so new now
VNFRMJPN

Number of posts : 45
Home City : NY, USA
Registration date : 2016-11-11

PostSubject: Re: New to forum - Greetings from the US!   New to forum - Greetings from the US! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 1:28 am

Greetings from NY! Enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
lansmall

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Monticello Arkansas
Model and year : 1992 HiAce Super Custom
Registration date : 2019-01-23

PostSubject: Re: New to forum - Greetings from the US!   New to forum - Greetings from the US! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 6:11 am

Welcome.  I'm in Arkansas and have a 92 Super Custom.  It blew the engine 105 miles into ownership.  It took months to find a replacement but I'm now 1 month into a good running van.  I love the van but the dealer who imported it didn't do what they promised so it cost me 6 months and thousands of dollars.

Japanese Classics in Richmond Virginia says on their web page that "Unless it's already been done, we preemptively replace.....:Upper hoses, lower hoses, and sometimes the fan clutch and housing". My van had a shredded water pump belt, the original hoses, a fan clutch that didn't work, and an engine full of stop-leak to try to seal a head gasket. It was a challenge finding a replacement engine (2.4, 2RZE) in the United States. I got one from a company that probably had it shipped in a container of engines they really wanted.

I do love the van, though.  Used to be a Vanagon guy.

Last edited by lansmall on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jafo843
Not so new now
Not so new now
jafo843

Number of posts : 67
Home City : Charleston, SC USA
Model and year : 1992 LH107 Super Custom
1994 LH119 Cruising Cabin
Registration date : 2018-05-09

PostSubject: Re: New to forum - Greetings from the US!   New to forum - Greetings from the US! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 12:19 pm

I'm in Charleston, South Carolina. There are a few HiAce owners around here, one that uses hers for postal delivery. I'd love to put together a map of where all of us are in the states. I know there are a lot in the Pacific NW.

I have a 92 Super Custom 4WD and I'm working on getting a Cruising Cabin over here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to forum - Greetings from the US!   New to forum - Greetings from the US! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to forum - Greetings from the US!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General :: General chat-
Jump to: