Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Awd super custom to 4wd beast

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beenz44

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Sydney
Registration date : 2018-10-17

Awd super custom to 4wd beast Empty
PostSubject: Awd super custom to 4wd beast   Awd super custom to 4wd beast Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 11:20 am

Heya people!! Just wondering if anyone has done or looked into doing a conversion on an awd sc to a part time sc. I love my van but would kill for some low range action. Actually havent had the chance to test my awd van out in anything serious so would also love some feedback on capabilty and whether or not its worth the time and money to swap parts out. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

Awd super custom to 4wd beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awd super custom to 4wd beast   Awd super custom to 4wd beast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 5:27 am

I think on average you have more benefits with seriously raising the van. First 5 cm are easy, then it becomes more difficult.
You are talking about super custom with 3.0 turbo? Please check your VIN plate for gearbox and model code and post it here.
The question is if there as an easy transfer case to take from Landcruiser or hilux.

However, the most easy way is to raise the van 5cm and then add a difflock in the rear axle. Easier to achieve and quite capable since the automatic will also do some nice climbing.

And trim the plastic front bumper up to the metal, because it gets stuck everywhere when you reverse for a 2nd attempt.

Quinnjin78 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Awd super custom to 4wd beast
Page 1 of 1