Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well? Empty
PostSubject: Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well?   Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi All,

I had an advisory about my front shock bushes on the last MOT. I was thinking as these are probably the same shocks that came out of the factory that maybe I should replace those at the same time. Looking at Toydiy the shocks look to be part number 48511-29595, and the cushions (which I think may be bushes) are 90948-01003.

Now where do I order these from? Ebay is so not helpful when you have the 4wd 2.8D Hiace.

Answers on a postcard to this address.

Rich
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well?   Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Just throw in the part number (without anything else) into Ebay, search in Europe.
There are two offers from Germany, one being Bilstein shocks.
Back to top Go down
TwentyOneThirtyFive
Been here a while
Been here a while
TwentyOneThirtyFive

Number of posts : 222
Home City : Hertfordshire, UK
Model and year : Super GL Camper (Vantech), 2.8D 4wd, 1995
Registration date : 2016-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well?   Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Genuine Toyota:

http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/toyota/toyota-9094801003-retainercush/

Seems to offer a different part number for the shock, so has probably be superceded, but best to call them to find out.

http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/toyota/toyota-4851129595-48511-29596/

I've used this company for a few parts and they've always been spot on.  Couple of times when parts have had to come from Japan they have let me know of the delay.

hth
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

Number of posts : 265
Home City : Coventry
Model and year : 1992 SC 2.4TD
Registration date : 2016-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well?   Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 4:00 pm

I'm planning on replacing my shocks all round when I finally find some lowered rear coils, I've looked into sizes and eyelets and I think VW T4 fronts will fit the front of the Hiace, I've trial fitted and length is spot on, I will have to push out the lower bush and trim the eyelet down to fit in the hub shock mount. Advantage is the T4 have a bigger range of gas and uprated shocks than the Hiace has
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well?   Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 4:07 pm

What do you mean with a bigger range? As in more products to choose from? You only need 2 right? Razz
Bilsteins are already good and reasonably priced on Ebay.

I don't know if it fits, and I don't really see the point, but don't try something like that for the rear because the axle weight is entirely different in the rear. (front is actually very comparable with the T4)
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

Number of posts : 265
Home City : Coventry
Model and year : 1992 SC 2.4TD
Registration date : 2016-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well?   Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Have you got a link to them bilsteins as I can only find budget shocks, when I said bigger range I meant more suppliers of the same type of shock, we seem very limited in the hiace world for aftermarket custom parts lol
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well?   Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 9:13 am

Here: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/2x-Stosdampfer-Dampfer-Fahrwerk-BILSTEIN-B4-OE-Replacement-19-227948-Vorne-/263023193931?hash=item3d3d676f4b:g:ay0AAOSw3gJZNtvj
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well?   Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Thank you Hiace4wd and TwentyOneThirtyFive. Will be ordering a set of these at the end of the month. Are they easy to fit, or do I need a special tool to depress the shock for fitting?
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well?   Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 1:14 pm

I think you'll just need access to each end, if they are a bit springy I doubt they'd be hard to push in by hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well?   Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front shock bushes or is it time to get new shocks as well?
Page 1 of 1