Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LPG Install - filler location?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TwentyOneThirtyFive
Been here a while
Been here a while
TwentyOneThirtyFive

Number of posts : 222
Home City : Hertfordshire, UK
Model and year : Super GL Camper (Vantech), 2.8D 4wd, 1995
Registration date : 2016-08-04

LPG Install - filler location? Empty
PostSubject: LPG Install - filler location?   LPG Install - filler location? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 9:52 am

Hi,

I am getting an LPG tank installed for my stove. I am trying to find a suitable place to fit the filler.

The company who will do the work have done one HiAce in the past, but I did not like the location of the filler as it looked very vulnerable.

Anyone had one fitted? Where is your filler?

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: LPG Install - filler location?   LPG Install - filler location? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 10:37 am

I ended up getting a 12 litre 5 or 6 kg refillable bottle. Which I can refill at the pump. Maybe that's easier.

But if we have to answer the question, then some info is missing. Where is the tank being placed?

And what filler location are they suggesting?
Back to top Go down
TwentyOneThirtyFive
Been here a while
Been here a while
TwentyOneThirtyFive

PostSubject: Re: LPG Install - filler location?   LPG Install - filler location? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 11:04 am

Don't have much storage space inside which is why we are moving to an external tank. Van was designed to use two hiking cartridges. We went through 6 in 3 weeks, which was quite expensive.

At the moment the largest cylinder I can fit in is a Campingaz 907 which is 2.7kg of Butane (not great in the winter). This also meant I had to reduce our water storage from 20L to 10L which is not ideal. Could have moved the water tank outside, but then you run into winterisation problems again.

Tank will be underslung, next to the propshaft on the left hand side (looking forward) and a little back from the transfer box. Probably going for 16L (6.4kg) unless they can wedge in a 20L (8kg).

Previous install they did, the filler was hung from the sill, just forward of the rear wheel - I don't think the owners wanted the bodywork cut. I was wondering about mounting it through the sill, but it is very curvy.

I saw one mounted on a towbar. That looked good, but...I don't have a tow bar!
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: LPG Install - filler location?   LPG Install - filler location? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 11:46 am

Do you have a sliding door on that side? If so you could have it come out in the lower area there. Just in the corner.

Right through the panel could be done I guess, but at that level, the bodywork is not completely flat.
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: LPG Install - filler location?   LPG Install - filler location? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 9:33 pm

I used a gasit kit refillable bottle it sits in cupboard below stove fitted it in by cutting back woodwork covering wheel arch filler pipe through side of cabinet fitts inside sliding glass window no bodywork mods, water container 25 ltrs sitts just inside back door waste container when empty sitts at the right side opposite. Whenfilling gas open window fully and slideing door turn off all electrics as usual small amount of blow happens when disconecting. Costs about £6.00 to fill the caming gas 907 costs £30.00 for a third of the gas apsalute rip of will soon recoupe the £120.00 for the kit.
Back to top Go down
TwentyOneThirtyFive
Been here a while
Been here a while
TwentyOneThirtyFive

PostSubject: Re: LPG Install - filler location?   LPG Install - filler location? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 8:51 am

Thanks. Unfortunately I'd loose my water storage area if I went that route, due to the layout of my van.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LPG Install - filler location?   LPG Install - filler location? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LPG Install - filler location?
Page 1 of 1