Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

leisure battery electrics problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
John P

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Barton Le Clay
Registration date : 2017-07-09

leisure battery electrics problem Empty
PostSubject: leisure battery electrics problem   leisure battery electrics problem Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 11:51 am

Hi people. I have a 1995 super custom. The small panel of green switches that control fridge, lights etc has stopped working. The first main switch on the left of the clluster lights up, but the others are dead. Checked the individual fuses (though as its a common fault I didn't expect any joy there) and as its a common earth to both circuits, thats out..Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: leisure battery electrics problem   leisure battery electrics problem Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 3:04 pm

John P wrote:
Hi people. I have a 1995 super custom. The small panel of green switches that control fridge, lights etc has stopped working. The first main switch on the left of the clluster lights up, but the others are dead. Checked the individual fuses  (though as its a common fault I didn't expect any joy there) and as its a common earth to both circuits, thats out..Any ideas?

These panels are not usually Toyota parts but are added later (unless it's the factory camper), it does sound like it could be a panel failure though, you may have to take it out and compute the wiring yourself.

I suspect it's not that complex and will be a fuse, breaker or loose connection: I'd be wanting to see the way the power gets from the main switch to the others...
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: leisure battery electrics problem   leisure battery electrics problem Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 10:19 am

Yeah take out the panel (or other way to access the rear) and see where you can still measure 12V and where not, to pinpoint the failure.

Or could it be that there is a low voltage protection and the battery is pretty much empty?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leisure battery electrics problem   leisure battery electrics problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

leisure battery electrics problem
Page 1 of 1