Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Access into Center arm rest/ ice box

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
phillsand

Number of posts : 7
Home City : doncaster
Registration date : 2017-05-26

Access into Center arm rest/ ice box Empty
PostSubject: Access into Center arm rest/ ice box   Access into Center arm rest/ ice box Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi folks.
1992 Super Custom Ltd.
I need access into the center armrest console thingy to plug back in the control for the hot/cold box as previos owner disconnected and some how the cables are now too short to reach. i think they need freeing up.
It looks like it comes out in 2 sections, like the top fabric bit splits from the bottom plastic?
checked for bolts under the seat in engine bay, cant see anything, 2 little plastic tabs inside the hot box have been removed but i cant see that they do any thing.
I can see a little scredriver sized slot in the front just reaward of the gear stick, looks like a release latch to me but can i buggary get it to open.
Need some help before i go mad

thanks
phil
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Access into Center arm rest/ ice box   Access into Center arm rest/ ice box Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Image 2?

http://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140&cartype=136&fig=5855
Back to top Go down
phillsand

PostSubject: Re: Access into Center arm rest/ ice box   Access into Center arm rest/ ice box Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 9:13 pm

GPW wrote:
Image 2?

Ooo thats mighty close, image 3 part no. 58976 is the little screw driver size slot i was talking about
Description - CONSOLE COMPARTMENT DOOR LOCK.

Yes baby think we're on a winner, now just need to figour out how to spring the damn thing
muchas gracias GPW cheers
Back to top Go down
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Number of posts : 87
Home City : Manchester, UK
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom
2.44L EFi Turbo Diesel Automatic LH100G
Registration date : 2018-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Access into Center arm rest/ ice box   Access into Center arm rest/ ice box Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 9:54 pm

phillsand wrote:
GPW wrote:
Image 2?

Ooo thats mighty close, image 3 part no. 58976 is the little screw driver size slot i was talking about
Description - CONSOLE COMPARTMENT DOOR LOCK.

Yes baby think we're on a winner, now just need to figour out how to spring the damn thing
muchas gracias GPW cheers

Did you figure how to release this ?

I have exactly the same problem.
Back to top Go down
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Number of posts : 87
Home City : Manchester, UK
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom
2.44L EFi Turbo Diesel Automatic LH100G
Registration date : 2018-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Access into Center arm rest/ ice box   Access into Center arm rest/ ice box Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2018 11:07 pm

Has anybody that still frequents the forum cracked this lock ?
Back to top Go down
phillsand

PostSubject: Re: Access into Center arm rest/ ice box   Access into Center arm rest/ ice box Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 11:19 am

Kippax wrote:
Has anybody that still frequents the forum cracked this lock ?

sorry late reply
you need to lift up the passenger seat (like accessing engine bay) then 4 bolts underneath holding the center console in place.

Kippax likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Access into Center arm rest/ ice box   Access into Center arm rest/ ice box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Access into Center arm rest/ ice box
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing) :: Members guides to fixing problems :: Members guides to fixing problems-
Jump to: