Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Swapping Pasenger Seat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RobG

Number of posts : 6
Home City : London
Registration date : 2017-02-21

Swapping Pasenger Seat Empty
PostSubject: Swapping Pasenger Seat   Swapping Pasenger Seat Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi,
Sorry If this has been covered before!
I have recently bought a 93 Japanese Import Hiace Hi-top and trying to get her sorted for some summer trips.
Photos to follow.

My question is regarding the passenger seat. At present this is a single seat but I want to swap to a double seat.
Are the double fixing points already in situ so just a bolt on job?
There seems to be plenty on Ebay at the moment.
Just looking at accommodating 2 adults and a 5 year old.

The current 3rd seat is in the back and is not really fit for purpose.

Any help much appreciated.
Rob
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Pasenger Seat   Swapping Pasenger Seat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 10:13 am

Hi Rob,

There were recently some topics about the same thing.

Do you have a console in between the seats now? That could possibly be removed, but won't the handbrake be in the way?

I have three seats in the front, mine is a very basic Euro version (LHD). There are also 4 bolt holes in the engine hood to take the middle seat. They should be visible from underneath perhaps, if they are not covered in sound insulation. I guess every van will have it, but it is hard to be sure.
It seems there are some different part numbers for the engine hood (service hole) cover, so it is hard to say.

Are the ones on Ebay specifically for this model?
Back to top Go down
RobG

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Pasenger Seat   Swapping Pasenger Seat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi Thanks for your reply.
Yeh the console is in the middle and the handbrake also. Looks like this scuppers this idea then.
Ones on ebay are just standard hiace seats , i presumed (possibly wrongly that they would be fairly standard fit).

Thanks
Rob

Back to top Go down
TwentyOneThirtyFive
Been here a while
Been here a while
TwentyOneThirtyFive

Number of posts : 222
Home City : Hertfordshire, UK
Model and year : Super GL Camper (Vantech), 2.8D 4wd, 1995
Registration date : 2016-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Pasenger Seat   Swapping Pasenger Seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 7:44 am

Three seats works with the RHD handbrake position (I think the LHD one being in the dash is more related to it needing to be on the engine lid if a conventional handbrake is used).  There are some examples on ebay that show 3 seats and conventional handbrake, such as this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Hiace-Campervan-2-8L-Diesel-4x4-4Berth-/132102471077?hash=item1ec1ebbda5:g:n8wAAOSwAuZX3E6~

hth
Back to top Go down
RobG

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Pasenger Seat   Swapping Pasenger Seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 8:07 am

Brilliant thanks
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Pasenger Seat   Swapping Pasenger Seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 9:02 am

So more of a bench than an extra seat.

I have three seperate seats in front, however, the middle one is significantly smaller, so it is also not a full size seat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Pasenger Seat   Swapping Pasenger Seat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swapping Pasenger Seat
Page 1 of 1