Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SC rear coil spring set up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

Number of posts : 265
Home City : Coventry
Model and year : 1992 SC 2.4TD
Registration date : 2016-07-06

SC rear coil spring set up Empty
PostSubject: SC rear coil spring set up   SC rear coil spring set up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:28 am

Morning all, quick question on rear coil spring set up, to get the springs out is it a matter of removing that big bolt on the arm at the rear, drop of the bottom shock nut then swing the arm down of the front bolt on the arm?
Looks simple enough, then I can lop off a coil bounce
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: SC rear coil spring set up   SC rear coil spring set up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:34 pm

I got the coils out of my BMW basically by doing that.

Jack the car so the wheels dangle.
Jack under the shock bolt (can't recall if the inner our outer wishbone joint was best).
Undo the shock making sure the bolt was easy to get out (indicating no tension).
Lower jack noting any pipes etc that may get mashed.

Once free of the shock the spring often just pulls out in cars, as it's almost detensioned.
Before jacking you can loosely fit spring compressors to stop it expanding that last bit of course.

What could go wrong? Wink
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: SC rear coil spring set up   SC rear coil spring set up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:36 pm

P.S. Don't loo much off as it's tricky to stick bits on again..
Let it properly settle by rolling it about a bit before declaring it perfect Smile

Interested to see how it goes!
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

PostSubject: Re: SC rear coil spring set up   SC rear coil spring set up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Coolio, I thought it would be, I'll be doing it at some point soon, I'll keep you updated
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: SC rear coil spring set up   SC rear coil spring set up Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 9:39 pm

Not sure if you are still following this thread MickB but check out this discussion:

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t3090-help-required#16674

With that in mind it's possible lowered RAV4 springs might do what you want to. I'd measure your coil thickness first with calipers to see what you have but it looks like a good route to springs.

If you do an eBay search for RAV4 lowering springs you get all the choices, although suspension geometry may mean the lowering amount is slightly different on the Hiace. I doubt it's that different though.
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

PostSubject: Re: SC rear coil spring set up   SC rear coil spring set up Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 6:53 am

GPW wrote:
Not sure if you are still following this thread MickB but check out this discussion:

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t3090-help-required#16674

With that in mind it's possible lowered RAV4 springs might do what you want to. I'd measure your coil thickness first with calipers to see what you have but it looks like a good route to springs.

If you do an eBay search for RAV4 lowering springs you get all the choices, although suspension geometry may mean the lowering amount is slightly different on the Hiace. I doubt it's that different though.

brilliant thanks buddy, I never thought of Rav springs cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SC rear coil spring set up   SC rear coil spring set up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SC rear coil spring set up
Page 1 of 1