Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Double front Seat/Middle seat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cozbouk

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Wirral
Registration date : 2017-01-16

Double front Seat/Middle seat Empty
PostSubject: Double front Seat/Middle seat   Double front Seat/Middle seat Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 9:07 am

Hi, my first post so hope this is in the right section.

My Wife and I bought our Hiace Feb 2015 and have had some great times in it already, however we now have a young baby and owing to there only being two front seats we have been unable to go away in the camper. the seats in the back are Rock&Roll bed, however they do no have seatbelts attached. I also know that I cannot ride in the back without seatbelts unless it is registered as a Campervan ((currently registered as MPV).

On our travels we have seen some with either a small middle seat in place of the storage box (elbow rest) or even double passenger seats. However I do not seem to be able to find seats for My specific Model of hiace and year.

I am hoping someone in here has had a similar issue and was able to find an alternative (I have noticed the Land Rover Defender middle front seats look the same as some of the Hiace middle seats I have seen.

My Vehicle is the HIACE SC 1994 lwb.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Double front Seat/Middle seat   Double front Seat/Middle seat Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 9:54 am

There was a similar post the other day - have a look for recent posts about this.
You can get CE rated rock-n-roll beds with seatbelts. Not sure why you can't sit in the back in an MPV - most MPVs have both middle and rear seats.

Otherwise you may be able to find someone selling the Toyota single van seat that swivels and fits into the floor near the door of the MPV. It's got a seatbelt fitted into it for when it's swivelled to face the back.

I have a spare one but I've not decided 100% to sell it yet (and I'm a long way from the Wirral!) but they are around as many take them out as they get in the way of the side entrance.
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Double front Seat/Middle seat   Double front Seat/Middle seat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 1:09 pm

My campervan came with 4x lap belts at the back and I then got two of them changed to 3 point seat belts, by a seat belt fitting company, for the babies car seat. Look online for a local company that fit seat belts and you should be able to get seat belts fitted to the rock and roll bed at the back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double front Seat/Middle seat   Double front Seat/Middle seat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Double front Seat/Middle seat
Page 1 of 1