Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front interior door lights flashing while driving.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WelshManKiwi
WelshManKiwi

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Auckland
Model and year : 1996 Toyota Hiace Supercustom 3.0 Diesel
Registration date : 2017-01-16

Front interior door lights flashing while driving. Empty
PostSubject: Front interior door lights flashing while driving.   Front interior door lights flashing while driving. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 12:49 am

Hello all,

New to the forum and first post but hoping someone has seen this odd behavior before.

The door lights in my van will randomly flash while driving along, especially over bumpier roads.
If driving at 100kph or slightly above, they come on almost constantly which is very annoying in the night.

I have already undone both front door switches, oiled up the switches themselves and sealed them on all areas that could be causing a short with electrical/pvc tape...unfortunately the issue persists.
I'm suspecting the drivers side door switch itself may simply have a fault.

Before I go about changing the switch, or just removing the bulbs...is this a common issue, something others have come across before?

Many thanks,
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Front interior door lights flashing while driving.   Front interior door lights flashing while driving. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 10:29 am

I don't know of it as a common issue. But couldn't you disconnect the plug to check that it is the issue? Or would the lights then be constantly on?
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Front interior door lights flashing while driving.   Front interior door lights flashing while driving. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 4:15 pm

These door switches work on a wire going to the switch being grounded.

It's possible a wire is frayed or trapped - thus simulating the door being open (i.e. grounding the wire), or the connector may have slipped off a door switch.

So 1st I'd check all the door switches actually work as expected - if one doesn't that's probably the faulty one.
Else when the light is on try opening doors - if the light gets _slightly_ brighter then that door is innocent.
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Front interior door lights flashing while driving.   Front interior door lights flashing while driving. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 am

That sounds similar to a problem I had a while back. By chance I noticed that a bracket associated with the sliding side door was loose. It's on the body at the rear of the door - a loop that the auto closer grabs hold of to draw the door in. So the fault was actually mechanical, not electrical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front interior door lights flashing while driving.   Front interior door lights flashing while driving. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front interior door lights flashing while driving.
Page 1 of 1