Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi there :~)

Go down 
+2
pushrod
Robbo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Hi there :~) Empty
PostSubject: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Rob and we just got ourselves a 97 Super Custom G to transport the family to and fro. It's a 3.0lt TD auto RWD. Just set up as an 8 seat people mover, no camping gear. Got a towbar on it for our trailer which is used on holidays and had an imobiliser fitted, both done at the car yard before purchase.
I spent today ripping into the stereo system wiring and also removed the auto toll colletion electronics, plus the defunct alarm and also the navigation system. Anything useless came out.

The stereo works ok. It's a pity the TV is Jap NTSC as it cannot pick up our PAL broadcasts here. I tested plugging in a portable 10" DVD and it worked good. Sound comes through well from the AV switch left over from the navigation system Very Happy . The picture came up on the dash screen in B&W of course but in the back it's ok with the player screen. Thinking of fitting a sub cyclops .

Fantastic budget solution for us and the turbo diesel pulls well. That dual zone climate control is nicely icy cold too Cool .

Here's 2 pics from in the back of the car yard.
Looking at getting a nudge bar and alloy wheels when the yard gets some in, darker window tints as well.

Hi there :~) HiaceSC03

Hi there :~) HiaceSC01
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 140
Home City : S Bucks
Model and year : 1990 2.4 TD 2wd Ltd
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 11:01 pm

VERY nice - and just love the wheels! Smile
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:01 pm

pushrod wrote:
VERY nice - and just love the wheels! Smile

LOL, yeah, the plastic wheel trims are pretty ordinary Suspect . Have to get alloys at some point. I got a free nudge bar today and am working on straightening the brackets to fit it (it's had a little nudge Rolling Eyes) but I think it will be ok. Also got the converter so FM can be used here on the original radio. It's a Panasonic unit with the TFT screen separate above it and a 12 stacker in back. The HU has pre out/main in phono connections so I can put my passive EQ in circuit and add extra amplifiers and sub gear when desired. I'll be looking at the speakers too. Might be able to re-use gear I removed from my last car.

I have moisture in my passenger front blinker assembly and am trying to dry it. Removed the light assembly, drained it and put it back in. Seems the plastic deteriorates over time and the yards blow water in past the seals with pressure wash when detailing.

I'm not going to pimp it out as it is just our family bus but do want the stereo better Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:12 pm

looks like it`s been well cared for.how or where do you look for the "g"spec.seems everybody`s customs differ slightly to the next (e.g engine interior exterior).read somewhere that the hilux surf "g"spec has a roof spoiler with a mirror that swivels to see the rear bumper when parking,how cool is that instead of the standard fit monkey swing you get on the back.dammm monkeys aaahhhhhh affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:33 pm

Hi maximus, the "G" is on the back combined with the SuperCustom badge and the G is gold coloured. It seems to just be a little extra luxury items included I think.

Hi there :~) HiaceSC04

It had much better stereo with TV, navigation and toll collection plus genuine alarm, wood look dash and gear shift lever, dual zone climate control, rear bumper protector and plush extra carpet mats, electric curtains etc. I don't really know what is standard so it's hard to tell how much more plush it really is.

We looked at a number of SC's and this one just had the best options to suit our use, plus condition is fantastic and colour is very practical. White top to be more heat resistant here in Australia and champagne bottom to hide road grime in busy Sydney. We were looking at Delicas but the storage space and seating were not good enough, so drove an SC 3.0lt which instantly impressed us with the good strong torquey pull and smoother ride coupled with the roomy feel. It couples very well to the auto.
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:02 pm

noticed yours has living saloon on side,i read an old post about an earlier shape supercustom imported into newzealand and that was referred to as a living saloon aswell,they make so many different models of this van it must be a world record Smile .mine is a supercustom ltd turbo(2.4) and has the parking sensors but doesnt have the wood interior Sad only has the red everywhere type lol! .believe it or not mine has a supercustom ltd turbo decal on the side.good job its a van or the decal would have stretched the full side of a car lol!
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:25 am

lol!

Yeah, the decals are huge. I would get them stripped off if it wasn't old. If I do, it may leave a brighter area of paint behind and look just as bad.

I think there are more versions of the SC than there are of Delica. I suppose that is why it is called a Super Custom.

I'll take some decent photos in a better surrounds when I finish fiddling with it soon. Maybe with the trailer attached. I have to see how the coupling height matches up between the draw bar and the ball.
I fitted the FM frequency converter tonight and set the presets and clocks so the wife will be happy Laughing . Next, I have to get the exhaust outlet altered as it bangs on the side rail of the tow bar. Will look at how hard it may be to replace the standard speakers, especially the rears. Front sounds good as it has separate tweeters Cool . Got to get the nudge bar on too.
Back to top Go down
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while
jimsmim

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:01 pm

Quote :
Yeah, the decals are huge. I would get them stripped off if it wasn't old. If I do, it may leave a brighter area of paint behind and look just as bad.

I just removed all the 4x4 nonsence and other stickers from the side of my 93 camper with a heat gun and petrol ,then T cut it and it came up good as new ...no shadow on the paint.... whole van looks much newer and fresher.... less of that 80s look......go for it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:58 pm

Mines the Living saloon Ex but no Gold Badge :{..Mine only had a standard toyota cassette radio and no fancy tv screen. (perhaps thats the extra "g" rating).
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:47 pm

I just removed all the 4x4 nonsence and other stickers from the side of my 93 camper with a heat gun and petrol ,then T cut it and it came up good as new ...no shadow on the paint.... whole van looks much newer and fresher.... less of that 80s look......go for it. Laughing[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it has paint protection from new so I don't want to damage that in the process. I'll do the important stuff first, but as the sides are white the decals may come off with no problem like yours has Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:57 pm

Admin wrote:
Mines the Living saloon Ex but no Gold Badge :{..Mine only had a standard toyota cassette radio and no fancy tv screen. (perhaps thats the extra "g" rating).

Maybe someone with a good knowledge on the SC can start a list of models and inclusions so we can tabulate roughly what is standard between them? Adjust it as we go with member feedback.
Just a thought Wink.

My wife says how much she likes it so I'm happy I made a good decision with it. cheers

Decided not to fit my sub. Just keeping it simple and in-obtrusive as per wifes wishes. For now tongue .
I'll get the nudge bar on and probably fit some mid range driving lights for night driving on the country highways when we move up the coast in the future. The bar had big spotlights on it (no good) and the brackets are built in to the bar Cool .
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:23 am

not a bad thought. scratch dunno how it could be done though, would probably have to ask admin to sort it
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:23 pm

Looks like my nudge bar is a little bent and probably won't fit. Rear speakers will be difficult as I can't get the trims off without destroying them. Haven't looked at getting fronts out yet. Maybe add an amp and box speakers on brackets at rear instead . Question
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:22 pm

think there is a post on doing rear speakers.think its ashtrays out undo screws rubber trim off then lift off top panel
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Is that orange fog lamps ?
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:45 am

Admin wrote:
Is that orange fog lamps ?

???

Mine?

No, they are white. I must have disturbed them ripping out the extra un-needed wiring and bits as they will not work now Shocked . Have to trace the wiring back and see what I've done. Everything else works fine Embarassed .
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Split indicators then? theres definately something orange in the front
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:58 pm

Admin wrote:
Split indicators then? theres definately something orange in the front

My front blinkers are under the headlights and have 2 bulbs each. That will be the orange bits you saw. The indicator assembly is attached underneath the headlight assembly but is a separate part. On the van, it looks integrated.
My foggies do work after all. From the blinker stalk. I don't know what the dash switch is for Question .
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:04 pm

Just looking closer at your lenses, do you have extra lights that come on as you indicate ? (side beam)

I will post some pics of my front end so you can see the difference
Back to top Go down
Big Lloyd
Been here a while
Been here a while
Big Lloyd

Number of posts : 103
Home City : East Hertfordshire UK
Model and year : 1994 sc 2.4td
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:22 pm

I have the extra lights that come on when the headlights are on and I use the indicators, apparantley they are called 'kerb finders' and can be found on some american motors......as to why they are on Jap spec motors Question
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:14 am

I suppose the US is the biggest export market for Japan and maybe they build in a lot of things the US needs or wants just to make production easier?

I have not paid a lot of attention to whether anything else comes on when the lights are on and the blinker is used as it is not something you see in Australian specced vehicles. I'll have to check that. We just have parking lights and headlights plus blinkers. Fog lights are only a recent addition to higher spec cars here.
I'm thinking of adding a wide dispersion LED light to the back for reversing out the driveway at night as the rear is huge and it's hard to see what's out there.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:59 pm

I could do with a better reversing light for backing my trailer. Let us know how the LED goes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:36 pm

Hi there :~) Front_12

My 95 SC Living saloon ex has completely different front lights / bumper to yours.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:37 am

Exactly the same paint scheme though Very Happy .

You have blinkers in the bumper and mine are under the lights. It's not all that much different really. 2000 models are a little different again. Just minor facelifts to differentiate the models I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:07 pm

I prefer the look of the lights cutting into the bumper (yours Sad )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi there :~)   Hi there :~) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi there :~)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Pictures Of your Hiace :: Show Us Yours !-
Jump to: