Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

That red button on the auto shift??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

Number of posts : 265
Home City : Coventry
Model and year : 1992 SC 2.4TD
Registration date : 2016-07-06

That red button on the auto shift??  Empty
PostSubject: That red button on the auto shift??    That red button on the auto shift??  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 5:30 pm

What does it do......

I also have a rocker switch fitted the dash, all wired but again have no idea what it does, this though is fitted by a previous owner and not by Toyota
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: That red button on the auto shift??    That red button on the auto shift??  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Red button is the auto transmission override. To be able to shift to neutral when the battery is out so you can push it around, press the button and shift he stick.

Rocker switch rear fog light?
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

Number of posts : 265
Home City : Coventry
Model and year : 1992 SC 2.4TD
Registration date : 2016-07-06

PostSubject: Re: That red button on the auto shift??    That red button on the auto shift??  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 11:02 pm

Thanks Clive,

Not sure on the fog as mine doesn't seem to have an extra lamp fitted, I suppose previous owner could have wired in to the lamp, I'll have a look tomorrow
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: That red button on the auto shift??    That red button on the auto shift??  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 9:41 pm

mickB wrote:
Thanks Clive,

Not sure on the fog as mine doesn't seem to have an extra lamp fitted, I suppose previous owner could have wired in to the lamp, I'll have a look tomorrow

I plan to hijack one of the reversing lamps with a bright red LED bulb, so worth having the van running, the headlamps on and then checking the back...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That red button on the auto shift??    That red button on the auto shift??  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That red button on the auto shift??
Page 1 of 1