Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
spiral
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : Japan
Registration date : 2014-06-07

2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires Empty
PostSubject: 2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires   2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 4:35 am

Hi everyone

Door sticker says 215/70R/15  98S.   400KG
I drive mostly on curvy paved roads and once in a while a rough road to a trailhead.
I had some Bridgestone car tires but they were a little bouncy.
Once I had Geolander ATs 215/75R/15 LT tires.  They seemed heavy for the brakes, although I really liked them off road.
The tires I have had most are Geolandar ATs  in the recommended size.  Overall I am happy with them because they are reasonably stiff for sway and not too bouncy but they are noisy.

I am thinking of Geolandar HT G056 which is quieter tire made for SUVs.  Are they as stiff as the ATs?  
I am tempted to put on a truck tire (which is not quiet) but I think they might be  too stiff.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Gary
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires   2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 4:14 pm

Just make sure the side wall is up to the weight of the bus.

See if the do one with reinforced side wall?
Back to top Go down
spiral
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires   2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 6:16 am

Clive wrote:
Just make sure the side wall is up to the weight of the bus.

See if the do one with reinforced side wall?

Most of the tires in this size match the weight rating. I have a passenger version of the Hiace and do not carry heavy loads.
I am looking more for people's experience with tires or recommendations.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires   2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 1:17 pm

I'm running a set of Avon Ranger tyres. They won't do off road but they're a reasonable price (£80 a corner in the UK) and suit me fine for road use and campsites/fields.
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
spiral
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires   2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 1:06 am

Hi

I ended up with Geolandar HT G056.  Much better onroad than the ATS. Happy with them.
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires   2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi,
I like to use commercial vehicle tyres... load range C or D... In my experience they offer a much more stable ride and good treadwear....
I have a hightop slwb hiace, though, so it matters more... but have been fitting these to all my campers back to my aircooled VW days...
Michelin Agilis are good, though they seem to have stopped making them in my size...
Continental Vanco look like a good alternative.

Cheers,
W.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires   2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 Super Custom TMR 4WD - thoughts on road tires
Page 1 of 1