Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For Sale 1992 2.8 SC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dangarus

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Manchester
Registration date : 2011-07-04

For Sale 1992 2.8 SC Empty
PostSubject: For Sale 1992 2.8 SC   For Sale 1992 2.8 SC Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 10:18 am

For very reluctant sale is my 1992 2.8ltr SC camper van - "The Whale".

The van has taken me on some great adventures but a fiancé that will not stay anywhere other than a 5* hotel, a house move and a wedding mean that this great van has stood still for nearly two years and has nowhere to live after Monday 23rd May.

The van has all the usual refinements you would expect in "The Business Class of Camper Vans"; TV aerial, air con front and back, heater front and back, six speaker CD system, sink, fridge, huge bed, leisure battery, 3 pin plug sockets and 240v hook-up with the longest cable I have ever seen.

The van has only completed 83,000 miles/ 133,000 kms and starts and drives (first time even after being sat without being started for at least a year!). It has a new leisure battery and a new battery for the engine. The auto box does leak a little oil and the front wheels need re-tracking as there is some wear on the outside edges of the front tyres however the back tyres are almost like new. I also remember needing to replace the thermostat (very cheap and easy job). As there is no longer any MOT on it and it is registered SORN I can only sell this as spares or repairs and suggest that it is towed away. Strictly sold as seen.

It must get sold by Sunday otherwise I have no option but to scrap it and that will break my heart more than selling it does, it is much too good to end up scrapped and, although I am no mechanic, I do not think it needs a lot more than some TLC to get it ready for the summer. It would make a great project and given the price of these on ebay and at www.alljapanesemotors.co.uk it could make the right buyer a few pounds when they come to sell it on.

I am only asking for £2,000 ono.

Pictures can be found here:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/toyota-super-custom-campervan/1169484681

Please contact me at dangarus@hotmail.com if you have any further questions or need further pictures.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

For Sale 1992 2.8 SC Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Sale 1992 2.8 SC   For Sale 1992 2.8 SC Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 9:46 pm

Hi Andrew, what a shame. Are you sure you cant park it somewhere even if you pay for it? Like storing a caravan?
I think it is a unique van with the bodykit.

If you do decide to scrap it, I may be intersted in some of the parts.
Back to top Go down

For Sale 1992 2.8 SC
Page 1 of 1