Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Windscreen woes - Where can I get a new one, ASAP???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Windscreen woes - Where can I get a new one, ASAP??? Empty
PostSubject: Windscreen woes - Where can I get a new one, ASAP???   Windscreen woes - Where can I get a new one, ASAP??? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 11:38 pm

Wondering if anyone can help?

My Hiace Super GL is in the shop having a respray, and I organised a replacement windscreen to be fitted (as the old one had a chip that couldn't be repaired), however AA Windscreens turned up today with the wrong screen. I've been told it could take 6 weeks to get the right one!!!!?????? What the hell?

I'm supposed to be going away with the family this Saturday for just over a week, taking in 2 festivals as well as the Kent coast line. Although they 'understand' I am upset they have a completely defeatist attitude to actually sourcing the right parts and getting them fitted, or even phoning around for parts from alternate suppliers. And these are the guys my insurers actually want to use?

Does anyone have a spare screen and rubber seal? Money waiting. The fate of my family long deserved holiday hangs in the balance.

Cheers,

Rich
richardwilliamlee@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen woes - Where can I get a new one, ASAP???   Windscreen woes - Where can I get a new one, ASAP??? Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 5:05 pm

Thought I'd send everyone an update.

After reading a previous thread on the forum (possibly from one of the previous owners of my van), I started phoning around windscreen companies for a Hiace Compact screen. The Hiace Compact screen is the same just hasn't got a fancy tint, like that actually matters! If the company was determined to go by chassis number, which comes up with as many as 3 different options, I'd move on to the next company that would check for a Hiace Compact (NOT Powervan) windscreen. National Windscreens, came up trumps, fitting it at 11.30am the next day (after giggling around a couple of other appointments). They were utterly brilliant. This came in at £135.92 including fitting.

I also want to put a shout out to http://www.bbcspares.com/ as they could source the actual windscreen, including fancy tint with only a weeks lead time, however this was around £382 exc delivery. Sounds like they're good at sourcing hiace parts in general, and they're just on the outskirts of Watford.

Cheers,
Rich

Taz555 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 65
Home City : Neston/Dubrovnik
Model and year : HIACE SUPER CUSTOM LIMITED

Registration date : 2014-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen woes - Where can I get a new one, ASAP???   Windscreen woes - Where can I get a new one, ASAP??? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 7:54 pm

Glad you got such a great result, gives me hope as mine is chipped also Wink
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen woes - Where can I get a new one, ASAP???   Windscreen woes - Where can I get a new one, ASAP??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 4:50 pm

Truth was mine had been chipped for over a year, but wasn't an MOT failure, and hadn't cracked at the time. It was only because it needed to be taken out in the recent re-spray that it cracked (which the guys at the spray shop had warned might happen).
I now have a shiny, rust free (as it was sneaking up in a few places), van with a new windscreen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen woes - Where can I get a new one, ASAP???   Windscreen woes - Where can I get a new one, ASAP??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windscreen woes - Where can I get a new one, ASAP???
Page 1 of 1