Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dan Plews

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Northampton
Registration date : 2015-04-08

Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat. Empty
PostSubject: Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat.   Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 5:55 pm

Hi there
Does anyone have any experience of the leaf spring breaking, or know what other models use the same leaf spring, or have the part themselves?
Mine's just failed the MOT and this was one of the problems - a quick search seems to suggest I may be in for trouble...
Your help and comments gratefully received.
Thanks
Dan Plews
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat.   Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 11:23 am

Can't help mine had coils.
Perhaps try a Landrover place they may be able to suggest something?
Back to top Go down
Dan Plews

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat.   Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 4:58 pm

OK, thanks Clive. Is there a reason you're suggesting Landrover from your own experience or knowledge? I mean, is it because you've sourced suitable parts from them that would normally be fitted on Landrovers?
Cheers
Dan
Back to top Go down
rubythursday
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 45
Home City : York
Model and year : 1995 Super Custom 2.4 Petrol. Wellhouse Conversion
Registration date : 2014-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat.   Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 8:12 pm

I have had a pair of springs made by this company
Jones Springs
They weren't for a Toyota but they just copied my originals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonysimons.me.uk
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat.   Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 7:29 pm

No reason only Lanrtover places can cope with odd requests and they do have leaf spring suspension
Back to top Go down
Dan Plews

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat.   Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi there
Thanks for your help. I went on to search Ebay and found a couple of possible hits at £150.
I've since been informed by my lovely regular garage in Old Wolverton, Milton Keynes, that they have it well in hand and the price they think they'll source the part for is one third of what S***t*ne down the road here in Northampton quoted.

This is the second time that an MOT at 'In'n'Out' has resulted in a quote from their partner garage next door (*hel*u**) of more than twice that at the Old Wolverton garage; prior to that I heard from three unrelated people in the space of one week that their cars needed new catalytic converters. All had been to these garages. Hmmm...
Thanks again
Dan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat.   Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaf Spring grey import Hiace 3.0L '93: availability/compat.
Page 1 of 1